Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

starting a build 4g64 vs g4js questions already searched!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2014, 02:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
starting a build 4g64 vs g4js questions already searched!

hey im new here and this is going to be my first post! Im coming here from dsmtuners ive built a few dsms and ive always had love for an evo 8. Now im gonna be saving to get one and i figure im gonna make an account incase i have questions as im going to do this over time.

Ok so here is what im wanting to know, I want to do a 2.4l lr build with something like a 6766 on it. Im planning to start this build by first getting a block and building it then find a roller along the way. Here is what im questioning I know i can get a 4g64 block ive already read up on the topics ive found here i know where to get them. Ive made a local listing to find one. In my looking ive also come across some info on the G4JS motors. Im super interested in one of these because they are cheaper i have read than the typical 4G64. I dont intend to leave the car stock by any means as stated above so that is why this motor really sparked my interest. Why? Because it has the same head and its a 2.4l block that i have seen fits into an evo! So when i want internals for this engine would i order 4G64 internals, or would i have to try and find forged internals for the G4JS? Also is that block capable of the numbers im gonna be trying to push running a 6766 or similar im under the assumption that the 4G64 internals will work being both are a 2.4l and work in our cars and are probably the same stroke rod length and bore, or am i way off please enlighten me.

thanks in advance and i hope i can find my answers here.