Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

FiTronic Questions

Old Jun 8, 2016, 06:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
FiTronic Questions

I'm planning on purchasing the fitronic system. But I have a couple questions, hopefully those with it or those who are tuning it can answer....

1. You tune with 2 fuels and it auto adjusts to everything in between. Does this use up only one map in Tephra V7? Can I still have a race gas map on top of my 93-E85 map?
I probably don't need it, I just want to know if it's possible.

2. Does anyone have pics of their installs? Some like to DIY and sometging to reference would be nice.

3. My car is a weekend only car. And not every weekend at that. How long can e85 sit in a tank? Will it last longer mixed with 93?

Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 06:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
I would Pm Tom at tscomp. He is using this system now with good results for his customers.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 08:30 PM
Evolving Member

Tom. Tuned me originally. But he is very hard to get a hold of. Some answers lead to more question. And I was hoping to get more users experience instead of a sellers.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 02:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 66 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by Tekniq
I'm planning on purchasing the fitronic system. But I have a couple questions, hopefully those with it or those who are tuning it can answer....

1. You tune with 2 fuels and it auto adjusts to everything in between. Does this use up only one map in Tephra V7? Can I still have a race gas map on top of my 93-E85 map?

2. Does anyone have pics of their installs? Some like to DIY and sometging to reference would be nice.

3. My car is a weekend only car. And not every weekend at that. How long can e85 sit in a tank? Will it last longer mixed with 93?

Thanks in advance.
Tekniq I know this is a little off topic, but where in CT do you live as I see you are mentioning using E85? The only spot in CT that I have heard has E85 is up near New London somewhere, just curious if there are other areas in CT. That FITronic kit sounds awesome if only I had E85 closer to me.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 02:55 AM
Evolving Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
I'm curious as to how the map's work as well, but I guess I'll find out as Tom and I start tuning. If you ask Tom he'll E-mail you a set of installation instructions, but if you want to install pieces in different locations that's up to you. I think I saw someone installed their monitor where the factory clock, but most just put them on the steering column from what I've seen. As for the E85 I think the biggest concern is water buildup inside the tank after letting it sit for too long. If you're in a dry area you won't have as much to worry about
Old Jun 9, 2016, 02:58 AM
Evolving Member

I'm in Hartford. I plan to fill two 5 gallon tanks from the new London station and pour in the car.
I also have a friend in Windsor that has family in Mass and he stores it at his house with e85 from the mass pike.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 06:43 AM
Evolving Member

Received 116 Likes on 92 Posts
I run the system. I love it and am pleased that Tom talked me into it when I was talking with him about getting tuned. In my opinion the system was some of the best money I have spent on the car.

1) I believe that it takes up both map spots in the ECU.
2) I don't have any pics of me installing it but can get some installed pics later today.
3) My car is a weekend car as well. I wouldn't worry about the E-85 sitting unless it will be sitting for at least a few weeks. That said I always try to get as close as possible to 91 before I plan to leave it sit for a few weeks.

If you have any more questions let me know.
The following users liked this post:
Tekniq (Jun 9, 2016)
Old Jun 9, 2016, 08:03 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks schuhie, that's exactly what I was looking for. Also I was looking for already installed pics so that will be good.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 09:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Tekniq

Im under the impression it takes up all maps.

E85 can sit for a long period of time if the tank is sealed properly. Ive known people to run 1 year old e85. They didnt tune on it, but from a drivability standpoint, they couldnt tell the difference. (They did not have a content analyzer.)

I thought Tom was the only one selling this unit? Who else is providing it?
Old Jun 10, 2016, 09:38 AM
Evolving Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by lancerrally45
Im under the impression it takes up all maps.

E85 can sit for a long period of time if the tank is sealed properly. Ive known people to run 1 year old e85. They didnt tune on it, but from a drivability standpoint, they couldnt tell the difference. (They did not have a content analyzer.)

I thought Tom was the only one selling this unit? Who else is providing it?
It's just Tom and English Racing selling them right now
Old Jun 10, 2016, 09:54 AM
Evolving Member

Boosted Tunning is also selling the unit.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ve...flex-fuel.html

Only Tom & English Racing tune it.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 11:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
I see. I wouldnt think it would be that hard to tune. I think it would be fun
Old Jun 10, 2016, 02:58 PM
Evolving Member

Received 116 Likes on 92 Posts
Sorry it took an extra day to get some pictures; work has been busy as hell. If you have any questions about what is there let me know.

****ty picture of the display. it looks better in person. ethanol content on the left and fuel temp (in C) on the right

top view of the sensor mounted to my firewall. I made the lines at the auto parts store. They are GM 3/8" push-loc's

convertor box mounted in behind my glovebox. One wire to the ecu, 12v constant, 12v switched, ground, a harness to the sensor and a harness to the display.
The following 2 users liked this post by schuhie:
dookgvr4 (Dec 19, 2016), Tekniq (Jun 11, 2016)
Old Dec 11, 2016, 04:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Isn't there something that plugs into the obd port? If so what happens if you need to unplug it? What map will it go to? Or will it stay at the same even though its unplugged?
Old Dec 12, 2016, 06:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Getting a hold of Tom will become increasingly easier since he has cleared out a lot of his back fill! I would recommend hitting up him or McCarty Porting on Facebook they respond to that fast

https://www.facebook.com/ty.mccarty.1?fref=ts
https://www.facebook.com/tscomptuned/?fref=ts

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: FiTronic Questions