Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evolution IX UK trunk badges?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2016, 06:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evolution IX UK trunk badges?

I have been looking around a while for authentic UK trunk emblems for my evo 9 with little luck. The last I have heard about the emblems was around 4 years ago, so I'm hoping someone knows where I can find them or if they have a brand new set they would like to sell. The part number is SR010344. Thanks!
Old Aug 16, 2016, 06:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 54 Likes on 51 Posts
Expect to pay at least 100+ for the UK badge. I've looked everywhere a couple months ago and I think at best I could find was somewhere in UK but with shipping it was just way to much for a badge. Might try a non UK badge one from ebay or something soon since one person said he had one from ebay for a couple of years and was still good. If you're lucky someone will know where to get one.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 06:38 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I have the Carbon Fiber EDM badge on my trunk , its going to be hard to find the exact one , your better off with a 3 party badge from any website, check Lancershop.com see what they have
Old Aug 16, 2016, 07:05 AM
Evolved Member

So there is one from lancershop which is 58 bucks plus shipping. There is one on ebay which looks exactly the same as the lancershop one for 30 bucks and free shipping. I asked lancershop if this is the same one from ebay and they said they would look into it and never said anything after that.

There is an aluminum one from here which in the description says is made from 100% Aluminum. I sent this company an email asking about if this badge has any sort of failure like yellowing or something but never got a response back.
http://www.speedecor.com/milaevixukba.html

So the feedback I've gotten overall was 1 from a lancershop one which the person had on for a couple of years so far and said it was still good. One for the ebay one which said was still good that has it on for 2 years so far. I've read in the past some cheap ones do start to yellow and the clear coat will start peeling and come off(mine started to yellow and peel off, not sure which one was on mine since it came with the car). Would be nice if someone had a certain one for lets say 5 years and still holding strong that looks exactly the same and thick as the UK badge one.

So this is all the info I found out so far when I researched it.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 07:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts
I had the ebay one before i went with evo 7 lights and took it off. had it for a little over 2 years, no issues and would buy it again. i think it was about $30 total
Old Aug 16, 2016, 07:22 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by llDemonll
had it for a little over 2 years, no issues and would buy it again. i think it was about $30 total
Haha your comment was what I was talking about that gave the positive feedback about the ebay one.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 07:57 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
My CF one has yellowed a bit already at a certain angle but still looks great and stuck very well , eBay badges for what you want are just as good
Old Aug 16, 2016, 01:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CaptainSquirts
Expect to pay at least 100+ for the UK badge. I've looked everywhere a couple months ago and I think at best I could find was somewhere in UK but with shipping it was just way to much for a badge.
Do you still have the contact information of the place that had the badge? The 100% aluminum badge and the one from lancershop look pretty good, but I kind of have my mind set on the authentic oem badge
Old Aug 17, 2016, 05:30 AM
Evolved Member

Sorry I posted bad info. Im pretty sure I read on another forum a person found a site that sold it but shipping (from EU) was like 50 bucks on top of the price.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 12:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts
try dave@ears.co.uk - i talked to him in 2011 and he had access to badges. not sure about any more but worth a shot. might want to check if they're OE as when i chatted with him they were 35 euros each + shipping
Old Aug 17, 2016, 01:41 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 345 Likes on 262 Posts
I've used this ebay set for over 4 years with no issues whatsoever. Chrome plated ABS plastic is the way to go with these.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHROME-REAR-...1T7RVB&vxp=mtr

Last edited by Pal215; Aug 17, 2016 at 01:52 PM.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 09:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
I got a 2nd UK VIII badge from these guys a few years back for about $58 shipped: http://www.diamondautoparts.co.uk/.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 05:39 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Pal215
I've used this ebay set for over 4 years with no issues whatsoever. Chrome plated ABS plastic is the way to go with these.

I'll be going this route soon.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 11:49 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Pal215

I had this and the chrome film was coming off within the year. My trunk is now naked save for the original diamond star.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 12:25 PM
Evolved Member

Problem isn't saving for an original, its finding one.

Quick Reply: Evolution IX UK trunk badges?