Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Stock boost gauge T

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2017, 05:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stock boost gauge T

So I was changing out vac lines, when I noticed a restrictor pill on one end of the T fitting 'line to the gauge'. Is this right? I haven't been able to source any information. Also, I have an AEM mechanical boost gauge I wanted to install, would I use this T fitting with the restrictor pill?
Old Jan 17, 2017, 10:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 88 Posts
Ive seen them come with a boost guage ive bought in the past. Dont think you need it. My car dont have one. None of the evos ive ever worked on have had one.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 08:18 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I posted about this years ago, and no one ever heard of it. I bought the car new in 2004, and no one had ever touched the car before I found the "restrictor pill" in the same location as you did. You should get rid of it. I found it because my oem boost gauge was sticking on acceleration, and then releasing after a few seconds. No problems after I eliminated the restriction. I later changed to an AEM digital boost gauge, and left the restrictor out then, too. You're the only other person I've ever heard of who found the little bugger. No mention in the shop manual, and Mitsubishi couldn't find any referrence about it.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 10:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lcwjr
I posted about this years ago, and no one ever heard of it. I bought the car new in 2004, and no one had ever touched the car before I found the "restrictor pill" in the same location as you did. You should get rid of it. I found it because my oem boost gauge was sticking on acceleration, and then releasing after a few seconds. No problems after I eliminated the restriction. I later changed to an AEM digital boost gauge, and left the restrictor out then, too. You're the only other person I've ever heard of who found the little bugger. No mention in the shop manual, and Mitsubishi couldn't find any referrence about it.
mine has one as well, I've been wondering about that.