Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

2005 Evo 8 "Totaled or Fixable?"

Old Jan 16, 2017, 08:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 Evo 8 "Totaled or Fixable?"

So last night I was involved in an accident where a disgruntled guy in his pickup truck backed into my vehicle twice and fled the scene, not really looking for comments concerning the accident, just wanted to get an opinion from you guys whether you think it'll be totaled or not, thanks.

The aftermath
Old Jan 16, 2017, 08:47 PM
Evolving Member

I say it is still fixable.

If the guy reversed into you, it couldn't have been that big of a hit (high speed).
Old Jan 16, 2017, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by Normanruben
I say it is still fixable.

If the guy reversed into you, it couldn't have been that big of a hit (high speed).
Well when someone backs into you, drives forward and proceeds to back into you again, that picture is the end result. Also he had a tow hitch on his truck so that did a lot of damage also.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 09:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 88 Posts
Insurance will say total loss.
Would i fix it cash? No.
The following users liked this post:
crysterio (Jan 16, 2017)
Old Jan 16, 2017, 09:43 PM
Evolving Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
everything is fixable it depends can you find some good shop to fixit. we fixed some cars loooked much worse with no issues
Old Jan 16, 2017, 09:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 121 Likes on 105 Posts
I estimate about 4-5k in repairs and parts. If it gets salvaged it's dependent on the insurance company and their adjuster.

If you do get a check from your insurance to repair the Evo then save some money by buying used parts. Buying a pair of headlights and a front bumper could save you a 1000 or more versus buying brand new parts from Mitsubishi.
crysterio (Jan 17, 2017)
Old Jan 17, 2017, 02:45 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I know you did not want comments regarding the accident itself but what did you do to anger him enough to back into your Evo twice???? Not trying to play the blame game either, honestly just curious.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 04:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
I say REPAIR IT...
crysterio (Jan 17, 2017)
Old Jan 17, 2017, 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by roach85
I know you did not want comments regarding the accident itself but what did you do to anger him enough to back into your Evo twice???? Not trying to play the blame game either, honestly just curious.
I was leaving a friends house, the area was unfamiliar so I plugged it in my GPS. For some reason the GPS on my phone started acting up so I pulled over into the shopping center which was closed because it was pretty late. I get my phone straight and proceed to leave the shopping center but there's a guy blocking the exit to leave. I'm about a car length and a half away from him but I didn't want to go around because I would've potentially hit someone coming in from the other direction. So I waited, then tapped my horn; nothing. I tapped it again; still nothing. The third time, I lay on the horn because I'm thinking, maybe this guy's music is loud, I don't know. Clearly he was having a bad day because he proceeds to put his truck in reverse and plow into mine. It looks like he's leaving but then after going forward about 15ft or so, he goes back into reverse and guns it again. He hits me the second time and then flees the scene. One of the craziest moments I've ever experienced. Maybe I should've backed up, maybe I should've waited, I did what I felt was right at that moment.

Last edited by crysterio; Jan 17, 2017 at 04:50 AM. Reason: N/A
Old Jan 17, 2017, 06:31 AM
Evolved Member

Could have been worse. Maybe like a nut with a gun.

Report it as hit and run. Have insurance pay or total loss it and start over.
crysterio (Jan 17, 2017)
Old Jan 17, 2017, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by 4b11slayer
Could have been worse. Maybe like a nut with a gun.

Report it as hit and run. Have insurance pay or total loss it and start over.
Yeah exactly and yeah that's what I'm hoping for.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 07:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts
that's going to be more than 4-5k in repairs.

i'd say it will get totaled .hood, headlights, and bumper alone will be 4-5k quote from a repair shop, not including any labor or anything else (which there definitely is) that needs to be repaired
Old Jan 17, 2017, 08:04 AM
Evolved Member

One thing i can tell you is remove as much aftermarket parts as possible before taking it to the body shop, if it becomes a total loss you cant remove anything afterward.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 08:06 AM
Evolving Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
First off, sorry your car got destroyed because some disgruntled person was having a bad day and took it out on you.
Secondly, be careful what you do in the streets, the wrong person may have ended your life, it happens every day.

Thirdly, take off the bumper, hood, fenders, lights, crash bar, intercooler, so that we can give you a proper assessment of the damage, because to me it looks like it's all cosmetic !

Hopefully the condenser isn't punctured, once you do this post more than one picture, different angles !!

Once again sorry this happened to you..
crysterio (Jan 17, 2017)
Old Jan 17, 2017, 08:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by crysterio
I was leaving a friends house, the area was unfamiliar so I plugged it in my GPS. For some reason the GPS on my phone started acting up so I pulled over into the shopping center which was closed because it was pretty late. I get my phone straight and proceed to leave the shopping center but there's a guy blocking the exit to leave. I'm about a car length and a half away from him but I didn't want to go around because I would've potentially hit someone coming in from the other direction. So I waited, then tapped my horn; nothing. I tapped it again; still nothing. The third time, I lay on the horn because I'm thinking, maybe this guy's music is loud, I don't know. Clearly he was having a bad day because he proceeds to put his truck in reverse and plow into mine. It looks like he's leaving but then after going forward about 15ft or so, he goes back into reverse and guns it again. He hits me the second time and then flees the scene. One of the craziest moments I've ever experienced. Maybe I should've backed up, maybe I should've waited, I did what I felt was right at that moment.

This one of the multiple reasons I have that led me to install a dash cam.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2005 Evo 8 "Totaled or Fixable?"