Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Need some Advice

Old Mar 1, 2017, 03:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Need some Advice

Hey there everyone, new to this forum. But i need some advice from some of the more knowledgeable people here. So i purchased this Evo 9 GT about a year ago, now when i bought this evo it had already a decent amount of modifications done to it. I will post modification list down low. So i've enjoyed the car for around the year now and i wanna make some more power out of it.

So now i've been doing some research into camshafts as they are known to increase power substantially without tinkering around anything else. So what i've learn is (I might be wrong) that the bigger the cams the bigger the power number. Also the bigger they are the delay is bigger on the power aswell. So i'm actually looking to change my turbo setup aswell with the cams, so full race manifold and waste gate etc. Bigger turbo more lag i understand that concept, so right now i'm running a small turbo but i wanna switch that up to maybe a more medium one. So here is i need the advice in terms of dyno charts.

I want my power range to be in the middle lets say around 4500 to 5500 rpms. So would it make sense to go big cams and medium turbo for that kind of a boost curve? Because from what i know is that usually people just go big turbo = big cams or small turbo = small cams not big turbo = medium cams. So what i'm looking to do what the new setup is just street use/ occasional track day and maybe afew runs down the drag strip. Apart from the list below the rest of the car is untouched really adding aftermarket exhaust , coilovers and sway bars.

Modifications list :

- Forged CP Pistons 0.5mm Oversize
- Eagle H Beam Rods
- Kelford 264/260 Cam
- SuperTech Dual valve spring and Titanium retainer
- Super Tech SS Valves
- Injector Dynamics 1000cc Injectors
- ARP Main Studs
- ARP Head Studs
- Kinugawa TD06 20G Antisurge
- Turbosmart Internal Actuator
- HKS SSQV BOV
- Denso IKH24 Spark Plugs
- Exedy Full Face HD Clutch
- Exedy Flywheel
- Apexi Intake
- GFB G-Force EBC
- AEM Fuel Pump

Right now the car is making 284kws (around 380HP) at the wheels on 23.3psi of boost.

Would appreciate any advice really. Thanks in advance
Old Mar 1, 2017, 07:53 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What are your fuel reactions? I'm guessing 93 on the street and a race fuel for the track days. I would say your on the right track with cams I run 272 and 274 in my 8. The other part is how much boost that turbo can go I don't know how much it can push. I run an FP red at 28 psi on the 93 pump, then when I have a track day I race gas and run 32psi. The lag is not bad on it, lots have changed in turbos sence I did my build so, hopefully soneone can help us out there.
The following users liked this post:
Mikeshkap13786 (Mar 1, 2017)
Old Mar 1, 2017, 08:18 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What are your fuel reactions? I'm guessing 93 on the street and a race fuel for the track days. I would say your on the right track with cams I run 272 and 274 in my 8. The other part is how much boost that turbo can go I don't know how much it can push. I run an FP red at 28 psi on the 93 pump, then when I have a track day I race gas and run 32psi. The lag is not bad on it, lots have changed in turbos sence I did my build so, hopefully soneone can help us out there.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 08:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At most the turbo i have on right now can take up 30psi safely. For fuel since i live in New Zealand the only viable fuel here is 98 and E85, but E85 is difficult to get!