Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Ams Sucks!!!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2004, 09:05 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ams Sucks!!!

yeah right!! this is the best group of guys i have been around. i was going to ams for a simple tune, and ended up having some crazy issues on the way there. first off, my a/c compressor went out about an hour outside of chicago. i don't mean it just stopped working. the damn pulley broke away from the housing and was banging around like a madman. it sounded like the cams had exploded and were being slung around the valve cover. next, my idle was going wacky. it was jumping from 500 rpms to 5000 rpms for some resason. i thought the ecu was shot. martin tried two ecus, two utecs, and an ems. no luck. we checked everything out w/ no luck until eric #2 spotted a hairline crack on top of my magnus intake manifold. they were going to pull it off and repair it, but found about 5 more cracks throughout the entire manifold, including one that was about 1/8 of an inch on the bottom weld of the plenum. they knew that i would be stranded in chicago if they didn't fix it and wasted no time in replacing it w/ one of their own stockers. after some good road tuning w/ martin,(where we came along the "Focker Family Reunion," no kidding) the car runs better than ever before. it flat out flies!

now the good stuff. these guys now how to party. i was lucky enought to be able to tag along w/ Eric #1, Arnie, Adam, and Carlos to the local gentlemans club. whoa. eric #1 and myslef fell in love w/ a nice young "dancer" that went by the name of euphorea. trust me, she was one of the nicest looking woman ever, much less dancer. the things she could do w/ her body. simply amazing. who else can you discuss your inner most secrets w/ and feel this comfortable?..... (dead babies adam?) AMS, you guys are "off the chain." I'll see you all very soon. Thanks for ALL the help w/ the car, the a$$ and tatas, the rum, the breakfast, and everything else.
Jeremy
Old Aug 9, 2004, 10:48 AM
Evolving Member

martin, i think i'm having some vertigo issues now. thanks alot, you crazy "focker."
Old Aug 9, 2004, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

do you have any recent pix of your beast? i'm jealous.

is ur motor built other than the head studs?
Old Aug 9, 2004, 12:46 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by leif
do you have any recent pix of your beast? i'm jealous.

is ur motor built other than the head studs?
the bottom end is stock for now. the head has been p'd and p'd, jun 272's, springs, retainers and gears to compliment the head studs.

here's an older pic from when the br580 was in there... i'll try to get some new pics of the engine bay...

Old Aug 9, 2004, 12:47 PM
Evolving Member

wow, that's a bit bigger than i thought. oops.
Old Aug 9, 2004, 01:23 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Jeremy I had as much fun as you did man. I wish all customers were that easy to get along with. you are welcome in this doors anytime.

btw: FOCKER FAMILY REUNION LMAO