Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

My recent experiences with DynoFlash: 363 whp 377 torque!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2004, 08:41 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My recent experiences with DynoFlash: 363 whp 377 torque!

I know that there have been a lot of threads recently about Al and DynoFlash, and my car was part of the contreversial dyno day at Pruven last Saturday. Let me put the issue to rest. Here is the truth about what happened with my car- at the dyno day and today.

At the dyno day, my car was making very low numbers on the dyno. My previous DynoFlash setup had resulted in 297 whp, 315 torque. I added cams and a test pipe so I needed a retune. After a few pulls and some tuning on the dyno, it was only making 303 whp on pump gas. Obviously something was wrong. Al wanted to see if the stock bov was leaking or the cheap mbc I had on there wasn't working right, so race gas was added and the boost was turned up to 25 psi. The car again made no power- something was obviusly wrong.

At this point my car was taken off the dyno for some diagnostic testing. The techs at Pruven found a boost leak and fixed it. However, I was told by Dan at Pruven and Al that there was something else wrong with my car. Al then gave me the option of coming back at a later date for a free reflash.

To tell the truth, I was pissed when I left Pruven. I thought that since the boost leak was fixed, Al was just making up excuses to keep me off the dyno so that other customers could be tuned. He told me the stock bov was leaking, the mbc I had on was junk, and that maybe the cams I had just had installed where put in wrong. It all sounded like BS, but it turns out that Al knew what he was talking about.

Fast forward a few days. I talked to Al about having my car tuned sometime this week so that it would be ready for the big race Saturday. He said that in the state my car was in, it wouldn't run right, so he reccomended some parts. He told me to get a bov, a better mbc, and the HKS RS intake. I figured that I would give Al this one last chance to fix my car, and I would get the parts he reccomended.

So today I rolled into Pruven with a new bov and the HKS RS intake. I had a Hallman mbc swapped in when I was there and the car rolled onto the dyno. The first pull (baseline, no tuning on pump gas) was 329 whp 340 torque! Al quickly started on the race gas map. In no time, the numbers shot over 350 whp and 370 torque. For the last pull, Al invited me into the dyno pit to actually perform the dyno myself. This was to prove that there was no way Pruven or Al were messing with the numbers. I ran the car through the dyno, pushed all the buttons, and even printed out the dyno sheet. The end result: 363 whp 377 torque!

I know that Al can seem rude at times, or can even **** you off when he tells you that the parts YOU spent time carefully choosing by doing research on this site suck, but it turns out he is right. Al knows what these cars like and which combinations of parts work best. I came into Pruven on the dyno day with a combination of parts that should have worked well- but they didn't. With Al's advice and his tuning expertise, now my car is making numbers that are unheard of with nothing short of an AEM. I have a stock block, stock intercooler, stock IC pipes, and stock injectors, but we were still able to make a ton of power safely with the DynoFlash. The dyno sheets should speak for themselves.
Old Sep 9, 2004, 08:44 PM
UFO
Evolved Member

Unfortunately, this will probably turn into another pissing contest, so I better get in quick .

I'm glad to see that Al took care of you. It's also pleasing to hear that the retune was offered to you before the recent controversy and this was not a marketing ploy. Congrats on the numbers and good luck with the car .
Old Sep 9, 2004, 08:46 PM
Evolving Member

I want to say thank you to Pruven Performance for helping me out with the dyno time... even after the shop is supposed to be closed. The guys over there had no problem letting me use the dyno for free. And of course, Al for helping me get my car running the way it should with the tuning and parts selection.

Attached Thumbnails My recent experiences with DynoFlash: 363 whp 377 torque!-pump-gas1.jpg   My recent experiences with DynoFlash: 363 whp 377 torque!-both.jpg   My recent experiences with DynoFlash: 363 whp 377 torque!-race-gas1.jpg  

Last edited by rebelzx; Sep 9, 2004 at 09:15 PM.
Old Sep 9, 2004, 08:51 PM
Evolving Member

You need to fix your sig. now.Nice numbers also.
Old Sep 9, 2004, 08:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sweet numbers!

Looking forward to seeing the dyno sheets. What mods do you have besides the Turboback, HKS RS and MBC?
Old Sep 9, 2004, 08:59 PM
Account Disabled

awesome numbers.....sucker should pull hard as hell!!
Old Sep 9, 2004, 09:02 PM
Evolving Member

Good

Congratulation , with this amount of whp and torque you will easily run low 12's or maybe high 11's .
Old Sep 9, 2004, 09:06 PM
Evolving Member

Good to hear! Cant wait for my custom tune!
Old Sep 9, 2004, 09:20 PM
Evolving Member

My mods:

Ultimate Racing 3'' downpipe, cat delete, and catback
HKS RS Intake
HKS 264/264 cams
Hallman Pro MBC
ARP Headstuds
Walbro 255 Fuel Pump
DynoFlash

Proof enough that you don't need a new intercooler or an AEM EMS to make a ton of power on pump and race gas safely and reliably.
Old Sep 9, 2004, 09:20 PM
Evolving Member

regardless of what has happen from al's tuning no customer should be treated with no respect. I hope he understands that we as customers use his products which is his tuning expertise pay for his bills. Thank GOD this is America, We have choices to pick other tuners if we need to. He is not the only tuner here. Personally I do not work for any tuners nor do I get any kickbacks for what I am writing here. I have not personally delt with Al and after what I have gotten from other evo'ers I will not persue his product. I have delt with Shiv at Vishnu performance and I have to admit, He is a nices guy I have met. Before I bought his products he was so nice enough to give me a tour of his shop and his project car and his product. He didn't shine me off and also his employees were all great and professional. I really don't care if one person is the best tuner in the world if a tuner is unprofesional about his attitude he will neeeevvvvveeeerrrr get my hard earn money. My own opinion. Peacee.....
Old Sep 9, 2004, 09:54 PM
Evolved Member

All posts about how much you love your Dynoflash belong in the official "I got DynoFlashed!" Thread.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=62708

If anyone feels the need to complain about a product they purchased or customer service experiences with any Vendor, you must clear that subject with a Moderator before posting.

This thread is closed.

SC~