Notices
Evo How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you're looking for a how-to on something, ask in here.

Inner Tcase seal how to request

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2013, 03:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Inner Tcase seal how to request

Does anyone have pictures or have actually replaced this seal who can give advice?

tranny fluild leaking into tcase right after i had jacks do a stage 2 upgrade. they arent responding to me, i've tried.

So from my info gathering on the tcase cover on the Passenger side where the axle goes in there is 2 seals.
1 outer seal that keeps oil from leaking out to the axle AND
1 inner seal that keeps tranny fluid from tcase fluid (it oils the bearing)

I need help or info to replace the inner seal on the tcase cover. I cant find any pictures. only of the outer sadly :-(

I think the shop that did the install pinched it while putting the axle in, they wont warranty it because they are blaming jacks for factory defective part because jacks initially said it was a defective part.
so now im stuck with neither side wanting to do anything and a tcase burping tranny fluid out of the vent. I've narrowed it down and confirmed that tranny fluid is entering the tcase and only leaks out of the vent.

I've drained both and filled it properly, the leak wont start until about 100 miles of regular driving. checked and tranny fluid is extremely low while the tcase fluid comes out the fill hole for nearly a quarts. done this 2 times to check.

so please, only those who have changed or have pictures respond. i dont need people to tell me to pop the old one off and put new one on. I hope its that simple but pictures and more info would be better. thanks in advance.
Old May 28, 2013, 11:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
ok so i got the cover off.
seals are as simple to replace as what some said.
i'll just say its extensive work to remove all the stuff to be able to gain access to the bolts holding the cover on.
also be very careful when re installing.
the shop that installed the built tcase for me damaged the seal with the stubby axle.
i can write a small how to if anyone is interested.