Notices
Evo How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you're looking for a how-to on something, ask in here.

Evo's oil change with pics

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2007, 06:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone have a picture of the MR drain plug w/ wire? Thanks
Old Feb 19, 2007, 07:12 AM
Evolving Member

Does anybody know if you pick up a filter from autozone or something, or get your oil changed at a shop that isn't a dealership will they have the washer or no? I have only had one oil change and did it at the dealership, but I hate my dealership and I think I'm going to be getting mine done here within the next couple of days at a shop I know and trust near me, what do ya think?
Old Feb 19, 2007, 08:23 AM
Evolving Member

Nevermind I answered my own question. No oil filters from like autozone (STP, Fram....) do NOT come with the washer, nor do "shops" have any means of getting them. So looks like Im stuck with going to the dealership to buy a few OE filters that come with the washers and then doing the oil changes myself or at a shop and bringing them the filter/washer so I dont have to lay in the snow when its 6 degrees out like it is here
Old Feb 20, 2007, 05:58 PM
Evolving Member

well any shop should have a drawer full of them!

you can even buy as many as you want at the dealer if you wanted -- they are a different part number from the filter.

you should be able to figure out what size they are and then buy them at Autozone or any such place too -- then you can use them with whatever filter you want.

they are nothing special and the same as many other car make's etc -- it just a ring of the right size you need
Old Apr 7, 2007, 09:39 PM

I am doing mine tommrow,forgot which filters I got,but I got two of em and the washers
Old Apr 14, 2007, 01:37 PM
Evolved Member

okay now lets do one on the evo's with 350bhp+. Still use the same 10w-30mobil 1? How much power would you need to be making to constitute a different oil is my real question.
Old Apr 14, 2007, 02:50 PM
Evolved Member

haha, i can't believe there is a how-to for doing an oil change..

pansies
Old Apr 14, 2007, 02:59 PM
Evolved Member

if you can make an imformative remark post it... otherwise dont waste space. Wouldn't you know that as you make more power your engine internals get hotter faster and longer. Using different oils will depend on longevity and effeciency. 10-30w is fairly good for all these purposes but at the OE levels of performance. what about the more aggressive engines?
Old Apr 14, 2007, 03:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
everyone asking about the washers and what not. Some dealers do not sell the crush washers with the filters. When I get mine at the dealer I get part number MD050317 (crush washer) and MZ690072 (filter). All the techs there, and me from previous cars, recommend the taller filter, simply because there is more filtering media.

oh, btw, the list for the washer is $3.69 and list for filter is $12.08, I always pay a lot less tho.
Old Apr 14, 2007, 04:46 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Mr.Evilution
As long as it's not for profit-making purpose. Yes.

and before you do that, would you mind tell me if you going to 'link' to this post or just copy this?

If it's link to this post, which is totally ok.

If you planning just copy this to socalevo.net for easy access for their members, that's two rules:

1. Please don't add or delete any text in the post. (Please understand that i had some real bad experience before)

2. Please respect my 'copyright' of this post. You still need to link this post's url which is : https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...81#post3349281 for reference. And need to copy the list parts: my email address, just in case someone else want to repost this to somewhere else.

I am so sorry for making it so much trouble for you, and i understand this really not like a 'WOW!!!' How-to', but as i said i had some bad experience b4, so i am truly appericate your great understanding.

thanks!

-Ray

p.s. If you planning to copy this forum, pm me your email address, i can copy the whole post with url code of the pictures etc. so it should save you some times!

You trippin
Old Apr 24, 2007, 09:04 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by LancerEVA06
everyone asking about the washers and what not. Some dealers do not sell the crush washers with the filters. When I get mine at the dealer I get part number MD050317 (crush washer) and MZ690072 (filter). All the techs there, and me from previous cars, recommend the taller filter, simply because there is more filtering media.

oh, btw, the list for the washer is $3.69 and list for filter is $12.08, I always pay a lot less tho.
$3.69 for a washer seems way too much.

I wil just use the plug washers I got from Honda dealer for my Civic as they also fit the plug. They sell them for $0.20 each and I still have a dozen of them.

gunhaha
Old Apr 25, 2007, 12:38 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by LancerEVA06
oh, btw, the list for the washer is $3.69
wow, is it??

well I'll kindly offer to sell them to anyone for $3, mailed to your door

wow, I'm gunna retire early
Old May 20, 2007, 07:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by FastAzzEvo
haha, i can't believe there is a how-to for doing an oil change..

pansies
First of all I wouldn't pass judgement so quickly. I have changed oil on many cars and the Evo isn't as simple as you seem to make it. The stupid plastic cover covers the cross member so you have to remove that or trust your jack if you trust jack up the passenger side(I chose a different approach). Either way the cover has to come off to jack the car up on the crossmember which if you jack up the passenger side to get to it you still have to lay under the car just supported by the jack to remove the cover easily. I said f that and drove mine up on ramps which was far safer and easier.

Name:  IMG_0036.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  93.0 KB
Old May 20, 2007, 07:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Also I wouldn't worry too much about the crush washer. I myself have reused that washer for 15+ changes on my work truck and never so much as had a drop leak from the drain plug. Just a slight oil film surrounding the plug. I know the washers are cheap but it isn't absolutely critical to change them every time.
Old Jun 8, 2007, 08:51 AM
Evolving Member

great how to.

Quick Reply: Evo's oil change with pics