Notices
Evo How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you're looking for a how-to on something, ask in here.

NEW HKS EVC wiring troubleshoot help.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2006, 04:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
these instructions SUCK!!! Why the HE[[ cant HKS hire a NON-ESL person to write these instructions. Install was easy, but the programing and function set-up are a PITA............
Old Dec 24, 2006, 04:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The programming is a lil' complicated at first, but once u get it, its not so bad.

btw what the hell does the top button do? I can't seem to find any place during programming, where it actually does anything..
Old Dec 24, 2006, 06:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by NocturnalEVO
Okay so I fixed the problem I was having, no CEL

Car seems to be running great right now!

Another question I have, is there way to set the A/B levels in PSI instead of the 0%-199% way they have?
Yes,you must reset the unit first. Unplug or unpower the unit. Plug it back it and press the main Knob, display should give you the PAS(kpa unit ) or PSI option. By turning left or right on the knob the system will select either PSI or KPA.

To set the standard boost mode, press the botton rectagular switch then turn the knob to select the desire boost.

A mode and B mode cab be selected by turning the main knob simply left or right. The mode in which you are displays.

This HKS controller is much more difficult to operate than the other 2 EBC I had years ago, definately it is not a user friendly menu.

I haven't post my post on this HKS because I don't want to look stupid, I rather learn it all the way then post otherwise I would confuse you guys.

Carlos

Last edited by fromWRXtoEVO; Dec 24, 2006 at 07:02 PM.
Old Dec 24, 2006, 07:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lol i hear ya, thanks so much for all your help so far
Old Dec 25, 2006, 01:04 PM
Evolved Member

o.k. o.k.......now ime really getting pi$$ed. I found out how to reset it. That took an hour. I have mine set up poppet valve style. (TIAL) So i still only got spring pressure. Ill play with it some more. In the initial set up, you set the baseline. Then when you adjust it, you cant select a PSI lower than that base!!! So i set a base of 20 and then turn it up from there. But of course nothing happens.......more later. I think Carlos is having issues too............Ray
Old Jan 5, 2007, 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by fromWRXtoEVO
It is very simple. I had mine installed yesterday by myself. The actual controller/display comes with 3 tiny connectors in the back, you only need to use the 2pin and 3 pin connectors.

One of the connectors in the back has the scrmable wires(you don't need to use them) The other connector has a "Y" harness . One end provides the power and ground and the other side directly connects with the harness coming straight from the EVC steping motor.

The "blue and white" wires that you are talking about are the Throtle input signal(Blue) and the Speed/rpm signal (white)

The harness coming from the EVC steping motor is white on the end that connects the display and is black on the end that connects the Steping motor.

I am writing a huge installation write up. I took more than 30 pictures, I have been just lazy to post them but please feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

This is the third EBC I have use on my cars and I consider the installation easy. Even a cave man can do it. . Seriously, PM if you get stuck but I should be opening a post tomorrow with pictures and details.

Carlos

Carlos,

if only u came to rescue earlier... hehe

yeah, mine was ordered directly from japan hence why it only came in jap instructions.

only issues i had was i didnt know the wires for throttle and Speed/RPM.

i would have install the unit as DIY if i knew what colour those wires are.

anyway, i left the car at the supplier workshop, they installed, tuned n explained how to use the unit.