Notices
Evo How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you're looking for a how-to on something, ask in here.

HOW To (Alternative less messey) fog lights with Parking lights or low beams

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2009, 05:00 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HOW To (Alternative less messey) fog lights with Parking lights or low beams

their is much easier way to this.. all u need a .5 amp or 1 amp micro relay . take ur fog light relay out. with the arrow facing the engine on the relay 2 pin on the right solder a wire and connect it to the load side of the relay. put the fog light relay back in place and now solder a wire on 7.5amp fuse for parking lights or 20 amp fuse for low beam depending on when u want to turn them on -- and the other end to the control side of the relay. u should be left with 2 empty pin on relay . solder one wire to both pins and ground it some where. easiest point is the grounding point next to the fuse box. if u have 5 pin micro relay ignore the 5th pin.. this is a very low current grounding circuit and will not put any load on any component of the vehicles electrical system. size of the relay is 10mx20mx10m very tiny can fit right in the fuse box..just need soldering iron should not cost u more then $3 bucks at shacks ( for the relay)

if u do it right u will never blow a fuse . and u dont need to upgrade fuse... very simple no splicing of wire or installing inline fuse..
Old Feb 3, 2009, 01:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sweet I will have to do this. This would be a nice mod since I drive a lot of rural roads with deer hazards all over.

I assume though you mean high beams and not low.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 02:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah wich ever u want them to turn on with parking lights , high beams or low beams
Old Apr 24, 2009, 07:40 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone tried this yet? Did it work? We can still use the OEM fog light switch? If I want to have full control over it at all time, can I simply connect the "red" wire to the positive on the battery instead of soldering it onto the 7.5amp fuse??

This would be the coolest way to do it, so that we can still use the OEM fog light switch!!

Please chime in!!