Notices
Evo How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you're looking for a how-to on something, ask in here.

evo 9 mr hid adjust

Old Dec 15, 2014, 09:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question evo 9 mr hid adjust

i need help on adjusting my evo 9 headlight. They are the evo 9 MR Hid headlight that i installed onto my non-hid gsr evo 9. (So i dont have in cabin switch).

I tried to turn the gear with the 10mm nut (the one with 1 metal and other side black plastic) and that just adjust the high beam only. I tried the leveling motor and sticked a screwdriver in and turn, and even used a hex to turn the bolt on its back. But they all dont work. I think they are all stripped.

I read all the form post and it did not help. I searched al topic and looked at all picture. My passenger side is higher than my driver side and i would like to raise my driver side up. Please help
Old Dec 16, 2014, 07:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts
did you remove the flex cable that links the high beams and low beams together (the hex nut you're trying to turn)?

did you bend the metal tab out of the way so that you can adjust the lights while they're in the car?

are you adjusting the lights with the headlights off?
Old Dec 18, 2014, 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by llDemonll
did you remove the flex cable that links the high beams and low beams together (the hex nut you're trying to turn)?

did you bend the metal tab out of the way so that you can adjust the lights while they're in the car?

are you adjusting the lights with the headlights off?
when i took off the headlight i remove the metal tab and adjusted with the screwdriver into that hole (but it was with the cable attach and headlight on so i can see the adjustment). However it didnt do anything.

Do u think i should take off the whole cable, take off that bracket (metal tab) again, and turn off the headlight for it to work?
Old Dec 18, 2014, 10:27 AM
Evolved Member

I took my cable off and bent the tab on the bracket so i can adjust the headlights with them on the car

it was near impossible to adjust with the cable on and i was afraid i'd strip out the adjuster screw i was using
Old Dec 19, 2014, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by llDemonll
I took my cable off and bent the tab on the bracket so i can adjust the headlights with them on the car

it was near impossible to adjust with the cable on and i was afraid i'd strip out the adjuster screw i was using
do i have to take off the bracket to bend it or can i bend it without removing and not breaking anything
Old Dec 19, 2014, 04:51 PM
Evolved Member

not sure, i took mine off. makes it a lot easier to bend not having to deal with the whole headlight anyhow

plus the headlight is already out of the car, may as well remove it. it's only like 3 screws or something to get it off