Notices
Evo How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

alternator install

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2007, 02:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
alternator install

I googled and researched the forum, but I did not find instructions how to replace an alternator. Anybody was luckier?
Old Aug 1, 2007, 02:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I know you have an evo, but I couldn't find anything for the lancer either... I got the lancer repair manual which was just the diagram that SLVROZ_03 posted on my thread.

I'm doing the install here in a few min... i'll try to take some pics, maybe it will help

Last edited by wickdaddy; Aug 1, 2007 at 02:35 PM.
Old Aug 2, 2007, 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by wickdaddy
I know you have an evo, but I couldn't find anything for the lancer either... I got the lancer repair manual which was just the diagram that SLVROZ_03 posted on my thread.

I'm doing the install here in a few min... i'll try to take some pics, maybe it will help
thanks!! It is a start, but the issue here is that there in no room to do pop out and pop in.
Old Aug 2, 2007, 09:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i installed it last night and it only took a couple of hours as I had no idea what to really do. I'm going to try to get a write-up on how to do it.
It wasn't the easiest thing to get to, but with a combination of going under the car for some bolts and above the car for others, it worked out fine and the electrical is finally charging again
no more trips to autozone to charge my battery enough to get me to and from work
Old Aug 3, 2007, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by wickdaddy
i installed it last night and it only took a couple of hours as I had no idea what to really do. I'm going to try to get a write-up on how to do it.
It wasn't the easiest thing to get to, but with a combination of going under the car for some bolts and above the car for others, it worked out fine and the electrical is finally charging again
no more trips to autozone to charge my battery enough to get me to and from work
great! I am planing to work on mine this weekend. I'll try to shoot some pics
Old Mar 24, 2009, 08:11 AM
Evolving Member

It's a pain. No real easy way to do it. If you were to take the intake manifold off it would be easy to get to but thats not an easy task either. I am about to do it for the second time. You can get to the connectors and bottom bolt if you jack the car up and get under it.
Old Oct 2, 2009, 09:47 PM

so has anyone got a write up and pics?
Old Oct 28, 2009, 08:51 PM

i did one on a endever(sp) and it was a pita. i lowered the subframe slightly to get it out and it. i think is is going to be about the same on an evo