Notices
Evo How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

How To Keep Looking New!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2008, 12:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How To Keep Looking New!!!!!

PAINT THAT IS!
Ok, to start you want to wash your car. When you are washing or drying anything black, you want to do it side to side and always in the same motion. Dont ever go up and down. This will help prevent the paint from showing imperfections. I always use a micro fiber wash mit that only touchs my black car. While washing never let anything dry on the car, soap or water. I also use a mr clean auto dry wash gun. When drying the car it runs the water through a Deionizer to purifi the water. This gets rid of harsh minerals that cause water spotting. You want to always wash and dry your car out of direct sunlight. Paint can actually become soft enough when heated to cause many problems you see with dark colors. After you wash the car, then dry it using the same motions as washing. Dry top to bottom to help with the water spotting. The mr clean clean gun says you dont have to dry it, but I use it and dry myself. After the car is dry and its not dripping wet anywhere, you want to wipe it down with a good mist and shine product. (meguirs, wizards, motul). I personally like the motul the best because it puts a sort of wax protectent over the paint to help with natural products that are harful to paint. I always wipe the whole car down again after washing then drying. Next time you wash the car that coat of mist and shine so to speak will help to keep the outter layer of paint fresh and clean.

NOW, if the paint already has water spots or is in need of a refresh you want to use this stuff (3M products). The two I use the most are a cutting compound (for the tough stuff)perfect 3000 rubbing compound (product code 06062). For normal water spotting and the light stuff use (perfect 3000 Ultrafina SE, product code 06068). You use a micro fiber aplicator pad for both of these and apply in a circular motion. You want to start at the top one panel at a time and over lap where you just where. After you have everything COMPLETELY clean, now you want to apply what everyone calls wax. Now days its a synthetic blend of protectents though. You can use either 3m, wizards or I even really like the meguirs NXT tech wax. You apply the wax with a micro fiber pad using the same technique as above. USE A DIFF PAD FOR EACH PRODUCT.

I hope this helps, if you have any questions please feel free to ask, also if you need any parts I can get stuff for wholesale. I sell if for what I get it for, trying to help everyone out.

O by the way keep a micro fiber cloth with that mist and shine in the car under your seat. When your car is just dusty you can mist and wipe it off. Also never let any type of bird cr@@ or anything to set on the paint for even a day. It can eat away at the paint. Let me know if this is helpful for anyone.

Last edited by tookinkee; Apr 2, 2008 at 06:36 PM.
Old Apr 4, 2008, 10:38 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i prefere to keep mine dirty like a rally car
Old Apr 4, 2008, 10:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lemmonhead
i prefere to keep mine dirty like a rally car
+1