Notices
Evo How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

Evo 8/9 TPS depining HELP??

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2022, 04:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo 8/9 TPS depining HELP??

Can’t for the life of me get this frickin’ thing Depined so I can get my new connector in. To my understanding, you lift up on these pins I circled in green and pull the individual wires out as your lifting the pin, right? I’m probably wrong 😂 any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 03:23 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 153 Likes on 116 Posts
No. You have to push down on the black plastic tab (impossible to see in your pic) that engages into the underside of each metal pin and prevents you from pulling them out. Pulling on the wire before depressing the tab will lock the tab and pin in place. So don’t do that.
You need either a very small (~1.0mm wide) flat bladed watchmaker's screwdriver, or a specialized de-pinning tool, slid under each pin at the base of your green circle, to contact the tongue, hold it down, then pull on the pins gently .
If you screw the plug up, (it looks like it's gone a few rounds already), go here for a new one!

Last edited by CDrinkH2O; Jul 2, 2022 at 03:29 PM.