Notices
Evo How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

Innovate WB install in IX gauge cluster

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2012, 12:47 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
Innovate WB install in IX gauge cluster

so.. being inspired by some of the other threads i see here, i finally did mine. it didn't take as much dremmelling as i thought it would. but it did take a LOT of testing fitting before being done.

a lot of people take the guts out of their gauges and mount them that way.. but the Innovate gauge is pretty small and i thought i could make it work. i did.

now.. i can reuse the gauge, should i need to. i can even put the cluster back if i REALLY had to, though all lights in the "lancer" section would light up at the same time, so i'd have to leave the bulbs out. oh, and i also wanted to keep the tinted lens cover intact as, without it, the gauge would be SUPER bright.

blah blah blah. here are the pics. and now i can see why nobody would wanna do this for someone else. it's scary. LOL

Old Oct 8, 2012, 01:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Freak'n looks great IMO!!!
Now if the colors just matched the stock amber a bit more... oh well nicely done.
Old Oct 8, 2012, 01:24 PM
kaj

Originally Posted by Azmodeus
Freak'n looks great IMO!!!
Now if the colors just matched the stock amber a bit more... oh well nicely done.

i haven't used the WB in a while.. for a while i was thinking it was blue. i was like "DAMN!". but then i remembered i bought the red one this time. relief. but yeah.. i wish i cold change the color too. but red is better than blue. LOL

thanks for the thumbs up, man. it was WORK. not hard. but stressful. i was super careful to not hit the anything i wasn't supposed to. i had to cut really close to the fuel and temp gauges.

when it's installed and lit up it looks as good as i planned. best part is not having to add a gauge pod. i like the stock look.

if i had my way, i would have put the boost gauge here and a PLX gauge like this:

where the clock goes.

eh. next time.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 06:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
very nice this is a great place for it
Old Jan 12, 2013, 06:58 PM
kaj

Originally Posted by Ronstex
very nice this is a great place for it
thanks! I think it's less obtrusive than my plx idea.