Notices
Evo 'For Sale' Miscellaneous Includes model cars, apparel, decals, and other miscellaneous items.

Spark Tech -CREATIVE DESIGNS **Laser Etched Products**

Old Sep 17, 2008, 08:10 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Actually yes
Old Sep 18, 2008, 05:13 AM
Former Sponsor

good morning!
Old Oct 14, 2008, 07:50 AM
Former Sponsor

Just got done on an order for some Genuine Argentinian leather belts for a Racing Mag from the Caribbean...

Old Oct 20, 2008, 10:31 AM
Evolved Member

So does it do color? Or did Scott's car picture just turn out looking different shades of color on that binder? Parts look gold, some parts just look tan-ish.

Regardless, question: If a picture of a civic is not copyright infringement (since it is Honda's product) would a car maker symbol be copyright infringement? Laser etching "PORSCHE" on anything instantly makes it cost ten times more... I'm tempted to have a PORSCHE belt... or Jeans... or something...
Old Oct 21, 2008, 05:06 AM
Former Sponsor

Hi UT,

It does not do color - the color depends on the material and how it copes with the laser.

With respect to the images & logos.. A simple statement could sum it up:
If you own it, created it or work for it you can use it..

Car maker symbols are copyright infringement if you don't own it. I believe the only other people besides say Porsche HQ, who could get permission to use the logo would be a dealer.

Any company logo would require written permission.
Old Oct 21, 2008, 09:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kav@SparkTech
With respect to the images & logos.. A simple statement could sum it up:
If you own it, created it or work for it you can use it..

Car maker symbols are copyright infringement if you don't own it. I believe the only other people besides say Porsche HQ, who could get permission to use the logo would be a dealer.

Any company logo would require written permission.
So... from what I understand with that. Scott's Civic would be copyright infringement. The Honda symbol is pretty visible, and on top of that Honda has copyrighted their designs, just like many other car companies these days.

But since Scott's Civic is okay, because he "owns" it. Technically couldn't I take a picture of the Porsche symbol on MY Porsche, and it would be okay? It is MY Porsche symbol on MY Porsche. Or what about the sticker I made for the back that says PORSCHE? If I took a picture of that, technically it'd be a picture of MY copyright infringement, and so you would not be doing any more copyright infringement.

I'm just confused by the whole copyright process, especially when it comes to cars. From how it sounds I should get sued by Porsche instantly for putting the "PORSCHE" vinyl on the back of my car, especially in Porsche font.

So the name Porsche would even be copyrighted and you couldn't put that on anything right? 911 in the Porsche 911 font is copyrighted too right?

From what it sounds like/seems like I could seriously take a picture of my rear "trunk" that has both the Porsche symbol on it, and my custom PORSCHE sticker, and you could do that since it's a picture of the car I own...

Sounds like really all you can etch is my name, since that's the only thing I associate with that doesn't have a copyright.

A picture of my car is copyrighted even, it may be owned by me, but Porsche owns the Carrera design, and all it would look like is a generic Carrera...
Old Oct 21, 2008, 10:27 AM
Evolved Member

I can guarantee you that the Honda symbol is not "pretty visible". Its a Mitsubishi Mirage.

It sounds like you are making this more difficult then it has to be. Everyone at Sparktech is great to work with. Send them a PM or Email, im sure they will get you what you want.

Originally Posted by UT_Evo
So... from what I understand with that. Scott's Civic would be copyright infringement. The Honda symbol is pretty visible, and on top of that Honda has copyrighted their designs, just like many other car companies these days.

But since Scott's Civic is okay, because he "owns" it. Technically couldn't I take a picture of the Porsche symbol on MY Porsche, and it would be okay? It is MY Porsche symbol on MY Porsche. Or what about the sticker I made for the back that says PORSCHE? If I took a picture of that, technically it'd be a picture of MY copyright infringement, and so you would not be doing any more copyright infringement.

I'm just confused by the whole copyright process, especially when it comes to cars. From how it sounds I should get sued by Porsche instantly for putting the "PORSCHE" vinyl on the back of my car, especially in Porsche font.

So the name Porsche would even be copyrighted and you couldn't put that on anything right? 911 in the Porsche 911 font is copyrighted too right?

From what it sounds like/seems like I could seriously take a picture of my rear "trunk" that has both the Porsche symbol on it, and my custom PORSCHE sticker, and you could do that since it's a picture of the car I own...

Sounds like really all you can etch is my name, since that's the only thing I associate with that doesn't have a copyright.

A picture of my car is copyrighted even, it may be owned by me, but Porsche owns the Carrera design, and all it would look like is a generic Carrera...

Last edited by Scottr126; Oct 21, 2008 at 10:29 AM.
Old Oct 21, 2008, 06:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Scott@AMS
I can guarantee you that the Honda symbol is not "pretty visible". Its a Mitsubishi Mirage.

It sounds like you are making this more difficult then it has to be. Everyone at Sparktech is great to work with. Send them a PM or Email, im sure they will get you what you want.
My bad, looks like a Civic in the etched pictures. I don't mean to make it more difficult, I just wanted to be 100% clear what they would consider infringement. I've gone through a lot of different places for different custom things, and the same things get denied one place that get approved at another.
Old Oct 22, 2008, 12:11 PM
Former Sponsor

Hey UT.. Send me an image/design of what you'd like to postmaster@sparktechignitions.net and I'll let you know..
Old Oct 29, 2008, 06:38 PM
Former Sponsor

So here's our new addition to our line of products:

12x12" Promotional Marble tiles.

Here's a sample that we did for BVP after their record breaking pass this weekend of 10.79 @ 124mph .... CONGRATS BVP!!..

Thanks also to RevPhotography for the great photos from the day..

IF you'd like to see our machine click HERE..
  • These tiles go for $129.99 and comes complete with an acrylic stand to hold it up. The tile can also be mounted and framed.
  • Image requirements: 10"wide @ 400dpi.
  • The design & layout is included in the cost above. Once design is complete and approved, item can be shipped next day!
These would be great as presents or display for you shop.
Old Oct 29, 2008, 06:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
WOOOOOW craig. nice work. this gives me some ideas for X MAS. come on guys im sure you guys can also get some ideas going to have some work done for a easy caust effective x mas gift.

spark tech for president.

ok fine spark tech for ignitions........ i voted and got what i wanted now its your turn.
Old Oct 29, 2008, 07:17 PM
Evolved Member

Craig,
I think i am going to need a light up one with all my mods for car show! Great job!

PJ
Old Oct 30, 2008, 04:28 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Kav@SparkTech
So here's our new addition to our line of products:

12x12" Promotional Marble tiles.

Here's a sample that we did for BVP after their record breaking pass this weekend of 10.79 @ 124mph .... CONGRATS BVP!!..

Thanks also to RevPhotography for the great photos from the day..

IF you'd like to see our machine click HERE..
  • These tiles go for $129.99 and comes complete with an acrylic stand to hold it up. The tile can also be mounted and framed.
  • Image requirements: 10"wide @ 400dpi.
  • The design & layout is included in the cost above. Once design is complete and approved, item can be shipped next day!
These would be great as presents or display for you shop.
Now that's HOT !!!!!! I want it right now..LOL

Thanks very much guys , you sure are a very versatile company...Ignitions systems, stickers , art, etc... what's next Kav ? you should fire Craig..Lmao
Old Oct 30, 2008, 05:14 AM
Former Sponsor

^^Upon my termination ALL cdi's automatically SHUT DOWN

Thanks Victor..Glad you like it...Kav really does Great work
Old Oct 30, 2008, 05:32 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by pjsevo8
Craig,
I think i am going to need a light up one with all my mods for car show! Great job!

PJ
The edge lit signs are one of the most unique ways of drawing attention and will work Great at shows...

Here is a sample of one we did for the Modified Mag/AMS entry for the Top shop challenge.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Spark Tech -CREATIVE DESIGNS **Laser Etched Products**