Notices

Intake Manifold Porting at STM Tuned!

Old Aug 6, 2013, 10:41 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Intake Manifold Porting at STM Tuned!

When you start to make real power in your Evo VIII-IX, the stock intake manifold becomes a bottleneck in your quest for power.
Whether you are running a stock manifold and looking at 700whp or are looking at breaking into the 8's and are looking at a Skunk2 Manifold, we offer porting services for your manifold that WORK!

The STM Ported Intake Manifold will give you OEM quality and flow characteristics without the turbulence associated with the rough casting marks found on the OEM manifold.

- Runners are port-matched to a factory Mitsubishi intake manifold gasket.

- Throttle body is port-matched to accept a 65mm throttle body.

- All port work is done in house.

- We require a core for these finished pieces. Generally, we have some ready to ship, and refund your $150 core when we receive your manifold.

Going with a really big turbo and want a great flowing manifold at a fantastic price?

The Skunk2 Pro Series Intake Manifold may come from a company not normally associated with the DSM/Evo community but clearly makes a fantastic product - a ported Skunk2 IM (ported in-house by me) powered the STM RS to its record 8.7ET passes! As the person doing the port work on that manifold, the overall quality of the castings have greatly improved with their recent revision and the manifold cleans up amazingly well! Skunk2 DEFINITELY did their research when making this manifold.

This porting service includes:

- Porting all 4 runners to remove any casting flaws and ensure matched flow between all runners.
- Removal of press-in plugs/fittings and providing tapped feeds and welding the plugs to prevent leaks at 50+psi boost levels.

Note: The pictures of the Skunk2 Manifold are the stock manifold and not the ported version.

For more information or SALE pricing, send a PM or call us at 585.226.8226!
Old Sep 4, 2013, 10:38 AM
Former Sponsor

Porting another Skunk2 Manifold right now - Oh yes, these manifolds will flow!
Old Sep 18, 2013, 09:13 AM
Former Sponsor

We've got another gorgeous manifold going out - you wouldn't believe the before and after on this one.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 12:46 PM
Former Sponsor

Custom fabrication - it's how new parts get developed!!!!
Call us now for yours needs.

Old Nov 5, 2013, 10:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what power gains does the Skunk2 manifold have over a stock ported manifold?
Old Nov 6, 2013, 11:10 AM
Former Sponsor

It's all going to vary based on your setup.
On our Mustang Dyno, we've seen over 700whp with the stock ported. On my ported Skunk2, we haven't found a peak yet, but its exactly what we used on the RS for its 8.71 ET passes and over 870whp.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 09:45 PM

i made 912whp on a dynojet. mods are high compression 2.0 unported head with bf272 cams toxicfab ff manifold with a 6466 and a stock ported IM. also what throttle bodies will bolt up to the skunk2 besides their own and the stock tb?
Old Nov 7, 2013, 11:31 AM
Former Sponsor

Anything that uses a stock pattern, really. Full Blown is what we use on the RS with the Skunk2 Mani. That means the Boomba and other TBs should work too.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 09:33 AM
Former Sponsor

another skunk2 manifold arrived for our porting/reworking service!

-Brian Gleason
www.stmtuned.com
Old Dec 7, 2013, 01:33 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have the black edition skunk 2 intake manifold. I want to get it ported but want to know if its worth it and how it compared to a magnus intake. A skunk + port = the same price as a magnus and curious if it will be as good or better. Anyone have any idea?
Old Dec 7, 2013, 04:17 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TheMyth
I have the black edition skunk 2 intake manifold. I want to get it ported but want to know if its worth it and how it compared to a magnus intake. A skunk + port = the same price as a magnus and curious if it will be as good or better. Anyone have any idea?
Im rather curious myself as im running a magnus mani atm. If the skunk 2 mani clearly makes similar top end but with a better low end power too then i would switch it up. Especially if it spools better too... Im in for info if possible
Old Dec 10, 2013, 08:37 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by TheMyth
Originally Posted by foxbear2277
Im rather curious myself as im running a magnus mani atm. If the skunk 2 mani clearly makes similar top end but with a better low end power too then i would switch it up. Especially if it spools better too... Im in for info if possible
We haven't tested it versus a Magnus manifold directly.

On various setups we have run with the RS and RICER, we feel it is one of the Best Intake Manifold setups you can run for making power with an Evo. Its also a nice bonus that the IM manifold with our reworking service and adding a Full Blown Throttle body can come out being cheaper than some other Intake Manifolds!

It is the only Intake manifold setup we have run on the RS the past 2 seasons. We have one going on the RS for this upcoming season in which the car should be going faster and make more power than ever before!

-Brian Gleason
www.stmtuned.com
Old May 16, 2014, 03:22 PM
Former Sponsor

Still have some of these available. Hit us up to get yours ported-585-226-8226
-Ethan
Old Jun 11, 2014, 08:25 AM
Former Sponsor

Porting Service Still Available!

Quick turn around time

-Ethan
Old Jun 18, 2014, 02:34 PM
Evolving Member

what is the turn around time for the skunk2 with porting services? Any modifications needed to make this fit an evo 9 with mivec? I know the magnus needs modifications to fit with the mivec oil supply line. Also you have to fab a way to hold your dipstick. I am looking for a simple install. I read the skunk2 had many fitment issues but some people claim they were resolved?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Intake Manifold Porting at STM Tuned!