Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Best polish for swirl marks

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2005, 06:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Best polish for swirl marks

I am looking for opinions on products that do well removing swirl marks..I want a polish not a wax..Zaino is out of the question BTW..I have used meguires before and didn't even notice a difference..Any tips would be appriciated..
Old Apr 1, 2005, 12:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just seen a ad for the new NXT paste wax. It said something about taking swirls out. I might try it sometime.
Old Apr 1, 2005, 05:43 AM
Evolving Member

I'm using Klasse all-in-one with a layer of pinnacle souveran over it (I know you said no wax, but I'm impressed with the pinnacle.) Although it's hard to pick up swirl marks on a silver car, I'm quite enamored with the combo. The Klasse seems to do well for what you're asking, at least in my limited experience.
Old Apr 1, 2005, 05:49 AM
Evolving Member

the new NXT products do some really good stuff. I've always used a simple 3m hand glaze followed by p21s wax/polish and bam all gone.
Old Apr 1, 2005, 06:36 AM

swirl removal

first, use a clay bar, mothers makes the best one i've used...and actually what you are looking for for swirls isn't a wax at all...to blend swirl marks use a product called sealer glaze...mothers makes a decent one, but the best i've found is manufactured at a local pittsburgh shop (what you are looking for is for a glaze that does not dry quickly as to keep working it into the clear coat)...next comes the polish...this is what shines the car and gives it the "wet look"...finally wax will protect the car from weather and contaminants (i prefer zymol)...and as always make sure all of the products you buy are clear coat safe...good luck
Old Apr 1, 2005, 10:07 AM
Evolved Member

uhhhh zaino isnt a wax..its a polish and if you use it right it works great. my evo is red and i only see minor swirls in flourcent light. During the day you have to look really hard if that to see any
Old Apr 3, 2005, 07:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jesterEVO
uhhhh zaino isnt a wax..its a polish and if you use it right it works great. my evo is red and i only see minor swirls in flourcent light. During the day you have to look really hard if that to see any
I just can't bring myself to spend 100 on ziano to do my car..I am just looking for a product to apply after I clean/prep the paint and before I wax the car..I use Zymol (Japon) wax and meguiers paint scrub & clear coat cleaner(at least thats what I have) depending on how bad the area is..I just want to make sure I fill in the few tiny swirl marks that were on the car when I bought it new..IT is a GG MR with only 1150 miles but when I wax my car it usually takes me about 8 hours and and the last thing I want is to go back and do it over again with a different product because the 1st one didn't work..
Old Apr 3, 2005, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by SilverCOEvo
I'm using Klasse all-in-one with a layer of pinnacle souveran over it (I know you said no wax, but I'm impressed with the pinnacle.) Although it's hard to pick up swirl marks on a silver car, I'm quite enamored with the combo. The Klasse seems to do well for what you're asking, at least in my limited experience.
incredible combo!!!....used by me and all my friends!! Klasse AIO followed by Pinnacle
Old Apr 3, 2005, 08:06 PM
Evolved Member

i see every swirl on my black car and it kills me! especially in the sun!
Old Apr 4, 2005, 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by Sap12687
i see every swirl on my black car and it kills me! especially in the sun!
no problem, let Klasse and Pinnacle handle the job!
Old Apr 4, 2005, 06:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by evoego
no problem, let Klasse and Pinnacle handle the job!
The klasse and pinnacle kit is $100. http://www.properautocare.com/klaskit.html
Old Apr 4, 2005, 06:24 AM
Evolved Member

3M swirl mark remover... Zaino recomends it himself if his Z5 doesn't work.

BTW....just use Zaino for Christ's sake... Z5 followed by a coat or two of Z2 looks incredible.

Last edited by Mitchubishievo; Apr 4, 2005 at 06:26 AM.
Old Apr 4, 2005, 11:37 AM
Evolved Member

i use to own a black acura and the swirls got to me bad. IMO the only way to totally reduce them and i say reduce because swirls are almost 100% possible to get rid of....Is to strip your car down with dawn soap a couple times and start over...clay bar ...I love zaino and i hate to say it again...id use the zaino process from there....dont put it on circular because that makes the swirls bad....vertical and horizontal straight lines on the car not over laping....i also uses the gloss spray in between because zaino bonds with that better...**** worked like a charm....I had to totally focus in the sunlight and catch it at a wrong angle to even see a very small swirl..
Old Apr 4, 2005, 11:41 AM
Evolved Member

interesting stuff
Old Apr 4, 2005, 11:47 AM
Evolved Member

3M Imperial Hand Glaze; Be very conservative and do small sections at at time. Also, apply in front & back motion only

Excellent Product!

Quick Reply: Best polish for swirl marks