Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Changing appearance of a Ti exhaust...

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2006, 08:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Changing appearance of a Ti exhaust...

I am not a scientific genius, but as far as I know, they way they make the tips of some of these titanium exhausts like the HKS Ti, etc. is by burning the end.

I am a huge fan of the Amuse exhausts... not just because they are high quality, but because I think aesthetically they are some of the most unique looking pieces. I am referring to the models with the completely blue canisters, not just the tip.

A lot of companies make Titanium exhausts, so if I were to buy one I would probably just go with a cheaper model like a Greddy or Helix, etc. etc. The thing I was wondering is if there was a way to have someone burn the end of the exhaust to give it that Amuse-style appearance?

I am sure some of you will call me rice for it, but it doesn't seem like it would be that pricey a mod to do, and to have a really unique looking exhaust I wouldn't mind paying a bit extra.

Is it as simple as applying a lot of heat to a single area of the exhaust???

Does anyone else think I'm nuts??? Maybe it's just late

-Aaron
Old Jun 25, 2006, 08:57 AM
Evolved Member

really why do that youself? just buy one of those higher priced ones. it would save the hassle of looking for someone to do it and what not.
Old Jun 25, 2006, 09:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I don't think it is nuts, somehow I just don't think the results will turn out how you want them. All you need is a blow torch.

The question is, would I be ready to take said blowtorach to my brand new ~$800 exhaust? Do I really believe the entire canister is titanium? Does Amuse heat treat the Titanium before they construct it into the canister or after?

The wrong answers to any of those questions could lead to disaster.
Old Jun 25, 2006, 09:32 AM
Evolving Member

why not just get an exhaust with Ti Tip?? megan has one, good price and im saving for it right now...or hks ti tip[a bit pricey]. i understand you and your budget, but it wouldnt feel right. Everytime somebody say "damn, those are tight, is that full titanium or just the tip?" what are you gonn say?????? you and your car would look stupid if the person that ask you knows what you did to it and just testing you. But hey thats just how I feel for it.
Old Jun 25, 2006, 09:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
got a pic of a Amuse tip? I have seen quite a few manufacturers in Taiwan that sell the canister in blue color. im sure helix, megan and many others are made in Taiwan

Last edited by Derek888; Jun 25, 2006 at 09:42 AM.
Old Jun 25, 2006, 09:44 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Derek888
got a pic of a Amuse tip? I have seen quite a few manufacturers in Taiwan that sell the canister in blue color. im sure helix, megan and many others are made in Taiwan
Here is the tip, but I think he wants the whole cannister to be blue. EVO*GIRL has it on her MR.

Old Jun 25, 2006, 09:46 AM
Evolved Member

Like this, which is confusing, because her new exhaust, the tip is blue, but the can is not:

Last edited by GPTourer; Jun 25, 2006 at 09:49 AM.
Old Jun 25, 2006, 09:48 AM
Evolved Member

This is the smaller/quieter Amuse exhaust she is running now, I guess:

Old Jun 25, 2006, 09:59 AM
Evolved Member

I dont know which blue exhaust I have seen...should be the one with the blue canister..also seen it in red. Here is a my exhaust with blue tip.

Old Jun 25, 2006, 10:10 AM
Evolved Member

In red? It was my understanding that titanium turns blue naturally when you heat it, and it is done so that manufacturers can prove their exhausts are Ti. But I'm sure the knock-off people have found ways to copy it by paint, or just using Ti tips. How could red be anything other but some sort of coloring process?
Old Jun 25, 2006, 10:49 AM
Evolved Member

Mine has the fading Ti canister...like the ARC spark plug cover:

Its the Agency Power Ti exhaust...EvoDave sell 'em!
Old Jun 25, 2006, 11:28 AM
Evolved Member

mmm, rainbows are cool.

A better question would be, "Why can't more manufacturers give us a "rainbow" version of the exhaust and a "straight" version so that homophobes like me can stay "in the closet".
Old Jun 25, 2006, 11:33 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jbrown
mmm, rainbows are cool.

A better question would be, "Why can't more manufacturers give us a "rainbow" version of the exhaust and a "straight" version so that homophobes like me can stay "in the closet".
what?
Old Jun 25, 2006, 12:32 PM
Evolved Member

My "rainbow" exhaust doesn't have any affect or show any relation to my sexual preference or orientation.
Old Jun 25, 2006, 12:50 PM
Evolving Member

haha this thread has turned gay

and for the heat-treated tip, u'd probably want a welding torch to do it. but for quality control and aesthetic reasons, a professional would be ur best bet. dont bother to do urself cuz u dont want to damage ur exhaust by doing something u dont know how to do. metal is a very complicated and delicate thing when it comes to heat treating and welding.

Quick Reply: Changing appearance of a Ti exhaust...