Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Evo pictures of NT03's here please

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2006, 05:35 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

18x9.5. Corvette fitment with 28mm and 18mm adapters. 275 Nitto NT01.

Rolling, hammering, rolling....fixing my hammering/cracked paint required...
Old Aug 23, 2006, 09:31 PM
Evolved Member

So they're 5x120 but you're running a spacer/adaptor combo?

They look interesting in that sort of width/bulk but still having what appears to be a FWD face design.
Old Aug 23, 2006, 09:45 PM
Evolved Member

Wow! those orange rims look sick, nils. Let me guess, trying to keep white NT03's clean was futile.
Old Aug 23, 2006, 09:56 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah, that's a focking lot Nils, I always used your car as a photoshop model for my future plans of orange NT03's, of course my were a lot more flourescent and much akin to the Rinspeed Zazen concept.

I was even going to buy them when you put them up on the block, since I knew I would be refinishing them, dick.
Attached Thumbnails Evo pictures of NT03's here please-zazen_street_front.jpg  
Old Aug 25, 2006, 03:01 PM
Evolved Member

Location: Where you come to vacation and go home on probation! Vegas!
Originally Posted by evolsk8r

Originally Posted by evolsk8r
18 x 9.5 with +27 offset and 12mm spacers on the front running 265/35 tires on Kris' evo(1st pic).
^ Yep 100% right on with my set up

Originally Posted by SpeedElement
I got a brand new set of exact same setup as Nils for sale.

18x9.5 +27 (H&R 15mm spacers will be included in the package) for sale - PM me if anyone is interested.
Cal thats my set up ... Nils runs +40 offset

My set up is close to Evasive's set up only difference is they are running a 10mm spacer compared to my 12mm. I went with a 12mm as I wanted the +15mm (overall) offset that a lot of JDM track guys use in the front for the wider track width to reduce understeer.

As Nils said if you not down to shave and roll your fenders these wheels are not for you. I have all 4 fenders shaved, and currently have no fender rubbing except on full turn it rubs a little on the fender liners (nothing major thou).

Here are some close up pics:

Old Aug 25, 2006, 06:02 PM
Evolved Member

speedomodel - ha ha, so true... I think I cleaned those wheels once. PF97 pads arent too nice on wheel finishes either... I expect a repaint every year.

TheGVR4kid - day late, dolla short That rinspeed car looks crazy... too funny you were thinking of orange paint too. The orange looks a little dark in thta pic, brighter in person.

Kris, car looks real clean bro, good job.

n
Old Aug 25, 2006, 06:09 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by M3this
^ Yep 100% right on with my set up

Cal thats my set up ... Nils runs +40 offset

My set up is close to Evasive's set up only difference is they are running a 10mm spacer compared to my 12mm. I went with a 12mm as I wanted the +15mm (overall) offset that a lot of JDM track guys use in the front for the wider track width to reduce understeer.

As Nils said if you not down to shave and roll your fenders these wheels are not for you. I have all 4 fenders shaved, and currently have no fender rubbing except on full turn it rubs a little on the fender liners (nothing major thou).

Here are some close up pics:

ahh my bad!

Your car looks so nice!! saving it as my wallpaper
Old Aug 25, 2006, 09:00 PM
Evolved Member

^ Your car is more wallpaper worthy then mine ... LOL
Old Aug 25, 2006, 09:43 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by M3this
^ Your car is more wallpaper worthy then mine ... LOL
haha no way man.. honestly my rice mobile is too crazy to be seen driving around town.. i prefer the clean look like yours.
Old Aug 25, 2006, 09:53 PM
Evolved Member

Yea but since its all crazy thats what makes it wallpaper worthy ...

Hey Cal BTW send me a PM as Im looking for a couple of things ...
Old Aug 26, 2006, 04:01 AM
Evolved Member

Thumbs down

M3This is a JDM type ricer.Use 265 instead of 285 for track will hurt you.The point is get as much grip as possible,not stratch as much as possible.This is a track car,not drift car.
Old Aug 26, 2006, 03:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ang Wen Yan
M3This is a JDM type ricer.Use 265 instead of 285 for track will hurt you.The point is get as much grip as possible,not stratch as much as possible.This is a track car,not drift car.

Umm yea ....... eat a d1ck! Ricer ... you dont know what the hell your talking about.

The set up I run is the exact same as most of the JDM cars ... there must be a reason they run 265s ... I dont plan on the keeping the T1-R as they are what came with the wheels (yes I bought my wheels used ... they had tires mounted to them and had never been on the car for $1600) I plan on running A048 in the same size. Pick up any hyper rev and you will see thats what they use too.

I love people that talk out of their ***.
Old Aug 26, 2006, 04:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
as much as i don't agree with what ang wen yan said... there's not a whole lot of reason to get a048s in 265 just because the hyperrev meet video shows all of the evos running that size and tire.

the ao48 is a great tire, but it has horrid wear characteristics. the evos you see in those time attack vids are in time attack trim... one lap...

also bear in mind that many tires are apparently unavailable to the japanese tuner market. they don't use khumo v710s or hoosiers which are both faster tires. i wouldn't even count the ao48's tread to be superior to the v710's lack of tread, both are not good in the rain and turn into hydroplane specials immediately.

the fact is you never see ANY tire besides the ao48 in japanese tuner mags... and when you do it's some disgusting street tire or a neova. you have to wonder why... why don't people run more toyo ra1s? why don't people run a bridgestone r comp? why don't they run a michelin slick?

the answer is that that is the culture in japan... the time attackers don't like to wear slicks... it's prolly dishonorable. the time attackers don't use their tires much as there's no such thing as daily driving in japan. also circuits tend to be stone cold regularly where in the states you find desert tracks.

all these factors much be considered when choosing a tire. if all you do is trailor your car to and from the track and run time attacks then use the a048. if you hot lap at all you'll see the heat and weight of the evo will quicky destroy such a soft tire.

in any case, tires are meant to be destroyed... just be well aware of the ao48 and budget accordingly.

Last edited by trinydex; Aug 26, 2006 at 04:12 PM.
Old Aug 26, 2006, 04:30 PM
Evolving Member

Track days/Autocross/Occasional street use: NT01 275/35 18

If you are going to Autox: V710 275 35/18

Go as wide as you can!!!!!

You can't really fit 285/295 in the front without going to a wide fender unless you are willing to raise the car up. In the rear you can, but who wants wider in the rear?
Old Aug 26, 2006, 04:51 PM
Evolved Member

Good info. ..

these wheels and tires are my track set up ... so they wont see any daily driving on them. I have a set of 19" iForged with BS Potenza RE-01Rs for daily use.

What pissed me off with what he said is that Im a ricer for running a 265 and that its too streached on a 9.5" width rim ... when in fact its not. A 285 is way to big and would never fit on my car. I already have the fenders shaved to the max and if you look in the pics is real close.

Quick Reply: Evo pictures of NT03's here please