Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Gialla front bumper too much ?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2007, 12:22 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gialla front bumper too much ?

How ya guys doing? So last night I was driving one of my buddies home in that crazy ice storm and something bad happened.... I spun the evo and put the front bumper into the concrete divider on the freeway! I wasn't going fast so it wasn't bad. But now i need a new bumper. I've always liked the Gialla front bumper because it looks like an aggresive IX front bumper. So my question is:

Will a bad *** Gialla front bumper be overkill on a 100% stock exterior white RS ? All i'm paying is the deductible so I was thinking of either getting a 9 front bumper or the gialla. I know the 9 front end would look stock and clean but i'm just a little worried that the Gialla will totally set off the rest of the car since i don't even have springs/coil overs or even window tints! Either bumper would look much better than stock. plz help and give opinions. or if anyone can please post some of their evos with the XI conversion or gialla. again, i don't have rims/spring/ nothing. all stock on the outside thnx again
Old Jan 14, 2007, 12:28 PM
Evolving Member

Man that sucks...IMO I would go with the 9 bumper the Gialla is to much (not as in money) for me
Old Jan 14, 2007, 12:35 PM
Evolved Member

my advise is get what bumper you want! dont let other ppl's opinion change ur mind. because in the end if you get some other aftermarket bumper you will regret not getting the gillia bumper.
Old Jan 14, 2007, 12:40 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Pitbul09
my advise is get what bumper you want! dont let other ppl's opinion change ur mind. because in the end if you get some other aftermarket bumper you will regret not getting the gillia bumper.

i agree, dont worry about other people. Its YOUR car the modding is done so when YOU look at it your happy.

Btw there was a guy on here with a white evo with the gialla bumper and gialla hood and the car looked BADASS!
Old Jan 14, 2007, 12:42 PM
Evolving Member

The Gialla bumper might be too much with the rest completely stock, but whatever you like your the one that has to see it everyday not us
Old Jan 14, 2007, 12:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Pitbul09
ding ding. a very sensible answer and in my opinon absolutely true. get what U want. do it right once. save your money if u dont have enough and buy exactly what u want. good luck man and sorry for your accident atleast it was just a bumper and not the car or your hand or your body or your friend....... u get the point
Old Jan 14, 2007, 12:50 PM
Evolving Member

awesome guys. thnx for the positive responses. I agree what you guys are saying but i just wanted to get some other opinions. I really love the gialla..... but i'm just worried that it might be "too" aggressive ????!! lol I don't wanna kill the smooth clean looks of the car with an over aggressive front end. you guys know where i'm coming from right?! haha thnx again for all the good responses. keep em coming.

ps Gruppe S has 9 front bumpers for $850!!! lancer shop has Gialla's for $795. why soo expensive? Is the IX front bumper a straight swap? Or will i need some stuff like radiator supports? thnx
Old Jan 14, 2007, 12:53 PM
Evolving Member

purevibez: ya thnx man. I got pretty damn scared though. I was only going about 35-40 in a 55mph zone and the car just broke loose. Just watching the wall get closer and closer! Glad the air bags didnt go off. BUCKLE UP...IT'S THE LAW, AND SMART! haha
Old Jan 14, 2007, 12:55 PM

just get an oem one
Old Jan 14, 2007, 12:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I vote for the new IX front with SE lip
Old Jan 14, 2007, 01:02 PM
Evolved Member

i think you should get gialla...
Old Jan 14, 2007, 01:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i like the gialla a lot, but on a completely stock EVO it might look out of place. if you plan to do other things to the car, i'd get it. if not, i guess a IX front with ralliart lip, or carbon SE lip would be badass on that car. i'm not really a big fan of putting IX bumpers on 8's though. i'd say go with the gialla.
Old Jan 14, 2007, 01:43 PM
Evolved Member

My opinion is to get it if you like it. Many cars run that bumper with stock rear and stock side skirts and it does not look out of place at all. I do think the fact it looks more aggressive might look kinda goofy with stock suspension. My advice is to get it and a set of GF210s until you can afford some good coilovers some day. I just got a set for $155 shipped. Not too bad and would really make your car look right with that bumper IMO.
Old Jan 14, 2007, 01:50 PM
Evolved Member

Try to photoshop the bumper on a white evo and see what it looks like. Everyone has different taste. Like all the other post suggest...get what you like. The only thign I would change is a Gailla Hood...that thing is sexy as hell.
Old Jan 14, 2007, 01:51 PM

i thot this was the evo show and shine !! LOL

Quick Reply: Gialla front bumper too much ?