Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Sonax NTS7 review

Old Jan 24, 2007, 05:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Sonax NTS7 review

I recently purchased the Sonax NTS7 car wash liquid, wheel cleaner and, interior cleaner. I used them for the first time tonight on the wife's car. I give all of them a big thumbs up. I'm very picky about the products I use so,don't think I have anything against Meguiars when you're done reading this.

The car wash:
It has a nice citrus scent which is the first thing you'll notice. It makes good suds (considering it is made by a European company and they don't share our fascination with bubbles in general) but not a huge amount of them. They do last well though. I mixed about 1 and a half cap fulls to about to gallons of water. The directions say 2 oz. to 2 gallons. It rinses easily and doesn't leave streaks that some soaps do. In the past I've used Mequiars gold class and was not too impressed with it.I'v ealso used several other brands of car wash including P21S, california gold, eagle one, etc.. I never like any of them. I've also used Zaino car wash. I like it and rate these two as a tie.

The wheel cleaner:

It is very mild and doesn't have that acid smell that some cleaners do. I would not worry about this stuff burning calipers or wheels. I'm not saying to let it dry on the wheel but when used normally it think it is very safe. When you spray it it foams up for a couple of seconds and quickly breaks. They spray bottle has a nice wide spray pattern that lets you cover the wheel in a couple of sprays. I never just spray on and rinse off. I've yet to find a cleaner that actually does well in that situation. I always use a soft bristle brush to clean the wheels. The wheels cleaned up nicely. I noticed the rotors didn't get that acid etched look that some cleaners (Meguiars Hot rims, Gold class, Eagle one and comparable) do. I would compare this with P21s wheel cleaner. It has a better spray pattern than the last bottle of P21S I got.

The interior cleaner:

This one is probably my favorite interior cleaner ever! I was very pleased with a cleaner I got from Meguiars (can't remember the name red semi see through bottle, black sprayer) and I've tried I don't know how many other brands but, this one is the one for me. I do not like a lot of shine on the plastics in my cars. If you do this is not for you. I sprayed a couple of times onto a microfiber cloth and began wiping. There is no real detectable shine. The surface doesn't feel greasy. It has a nice uniform appearance and a nice clean smell. I was using this in my wife's BMW which has a considerably different texture than our craptastic plastics. Ours have a little shine naturally the BMW is very flat. The cleaner supposedly apply some type of static charge to help keep dust from sticking but we'll have to see on that one.