Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

JDP Evo IX Ralliart CF Lip Copy Thread

Old Apr 5, 2007, 09:19 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts
JDP Evo IX Ralliart CF Lip Copy Thread

The thread has been removed and we ask that those who have deposits please contact the vendor via PM. This thread evolved into a group buy with an unregistered vendor. We have no information (good/bad, location, name etc.) on the vendor and you do so at your own risk. Please respect the rules concerning business with unregestered vendor's on our site. Thanks.

Speedlimit...
Old Apr 5, 2007, 11:30 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Speedlimit,

I am one of the members involved in the JDP Evo IX Ralliart CF lip replica group buy and understand your concern about members participating in a group buy with an unregistered vendor. I have been a member of evolutionm since 2004, and though I don't really post all that much, I would like to vouch for JDPEngineering as I have done business with them in the past, purchasing a Do-Luck Replica CF lip when I had my stock Evo 8 front bumper setup. John at JDP Engineering does excellent work and produces high quality replicas that rival their authentic counterparts. He really takes care of his customers, has fair prices and provides excellent customer service, shipping items out on time and providing tracking information as soon as the item ships out. I hope JDP will remain a member on these boards and that he will not be punished for any wrong-doing. It was the members who wanted this group buy to happen, and we sought him out and got him involved. As one of the members involved in the group buy, I sincerely apologize for any violations to the forum rules.
Old Apr 5, 2007, 11:46 AM
Evolving Member

i didnt feel like waiting for the group buy so i placed my order last week and it shipped this week, i was provided with a DHL tracking number. John is a great guy and provides excellent customer service. just because he hasnt become a registered vendor doesnt matter to me... JDP !!!
Old Apr 5, 2007, 12:04 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts
We recognized that he was contacted by member's and no punishment was necessary. JDP is reviewing the vendor packages to see if they meet his needs and he is available via PM's to finish any commitments made to members.

Speedlimit..
Old Apr 16, 2007, 05:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
this would explain why i couldnt find this thread anymore... for those of you in the group buy, here is the product. i was third on the list...

MODS, hopefully you guys dont get pissed that i posted pics. just want everyone involved to feel comfortable about dealing with this guy and hopefully soon will be a vendor

Old Apr 16, 2007, 05:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^ own 2 evos FTW!
Old Apr 16, 2007, 05:48 PM
Evolved Member

i wish... thats my buddies that was helping me with fitment..... His has quite a bit more done to it than mine.... i should post pics of our normal wrench days when i have 6 or 7 of us in my driveway
Old Apr 16, 2007, 06:41 PM
Evolving Member

Just picked up my lip as well...John was prompt with informing me on the progress of the lip. Will post pictures as well when I get it installed.
Old Apr 16, 2007, 07:43 PM
Evolving Member

Alright, so I did my best to get my lip to fit as perfectly as possible, and took pics to show fitment. I don't know how big the gap is between the bumper and lip... maybe I'm just really bad at the installation... Tell me what you think. If looks too awkward, I might just put back my SE lip.

Last edited by MR*EVO*VIII; Apr 16, 2007 at 07:50 PM.
Old Apr 16, 2007, 08:17 PM
Evolving Member

def reputable guy, any questions pm me or john@jdp himself!
Old Apr 16, 2007, 09:52 PM
JDP

You did an awesome job installing the lip. Can you please give others tips on how you went about doing the installation?

Do you have gaps like MR*EVO*VIII?

Thanks,

John

Originally Posted by bigric09
this would explain why i couldnt find this thread anymore... for those of you in the group buy, here is the product. i was third on the list...

MODS, hopefully you guys dont get pissed that i posted pics. just want everyone involved to feel comfortable about dealing with this guy and hopefully soon will be a vendor

Last edited by JDP; Apr 16, 2007 at 09:57 PM.
Old Apr 16, 2007, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by MR*EVO*VIII
Alright, so I did my best to get my lip to fit as perfectly as possible, and took pics to show fitment. I don't know how big the gap is between the bumper and lip... maybe I'm just really bad at the installation... Tell me what you think. If looks too awkward, I might just put back my SE lip.

what is up with that indent in the middle of the lip?
btw, thats what you get for not buying a real Ralliart bro.....
Old Apr 17, 2007, 12:45 AM
Evolving Member

is it me, or does it seem like everyone else has less of a gap between the lip and bumper than me? I think I might go back to my SE lip setup
Old Apr 17, 2007, 01:47 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JDP
You did an awesome job installing the lip. Can you please give others tips on how you went about doing the installation?

Do you have gaps like MR*EVO*VIII?

Thanks,

John
I PM'd you on my fitment...

as far as the best way to fit it. Here is what i did....

When you first initially mount the lip before you predrill the holes... take a look at it with it mounted to ensure it is even and everything is as tight as it is going to go.

Flip it back over, and get some help from a friend a wife a girlfriend a mistress... somebody anybody. Either have them drill or squeeze but hold the lip starting from the center as tightly as you can without putting stress on the CF squeezing the seem together.... meanwhile have your help drill the hole as close to the bottom of the factory holes as possible. Reason behind this is the screws are not bolts... they will hold the lip tight, but wont keep it from sliding. The holes in the factory bumper will keep it from sliding though and if you are at the bottom of that hole, it will have nowhere to slide.

Continue the process starting from the center continuing outward in each direction, one hole at a time. Remount the bumper and you are finished. I havent done it yet but i'd suggest washing the car and waxing the bumper
Old Apr 17, 2007, 01:49 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah I know, that's what I get for not buying a real Ralliart lip. I would buy the real one but who sells them??? So far, no one on the boards has expressed an interest in selling their authentic ones... oh well, I still have my SE lip. And for your information, that 'indent' in the middle of the lip is where the Ralliart logo would go if it were authentic. But of course, a wise guy like yourself would already know that... seeing as how you have the real thing.

Originally Posted by RedH0TevoVIII
what is up with that indent in the middle of the lip?
btw, thats what you get for not buying a real Ralliart bro.....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: JDP Evo IX Ralliart CF Lip Copy Thread