Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

AlchEm1st's Evo IV Coupe conversion project

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2015, 09:31 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by FLOW1
Haha good ****..is it modded?
Only some basic stuff. It's "Stage 1". Thread on NASIOC:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=2651226
Old Jan 27, 2015, 11:09 PM
Evolving Member

Race car parts!

Name:  20150127_221458_zpsfsdgyarm.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  99.3 KB

HEL steel braided brake lines for pedal feel; and Girodisc Titanium brake shims to prevent heat transfer into the steel pistons of the Evo 8 Brembo's.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 02:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Alchem1st
Only some basic stuff. It's "Stage 1". Thread on NASIOC:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=2651226
Same username as this one? I'm stage 2 pro tuned...waiting to find time to go on the dyno for some actual numbers
Old Jan 30, 2015, 12:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This rules.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 10:25 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks guys!

Ebrake officially done! Required a little bit of modification to get good fitment; but it's done now. The ends
of the ebrake cables were a bit too big to fit in the cable pass-through on the Evo knuckle. A little work with
my mini belt sander and it fits perfect! The Evo lines had an oring to keep water out which I couldn't adapt;
so I coated the ends with blue rtv to create a seal. The pressure of the ebrake cable holds them in place.

No fit.

Fit!
Name:  20150130_224524_zpssuyp5euu.jpg
Size:  82.9 KB

All that's left is to fill the diff with oil, run new brake lines for the rear, and finish a few little things on the interior which I'm hoping to
have finished this weekend. Then I can focus on the next part of the build! (the fuel system)

Name:  20150130_124522_zpsvsgcq9re.jpg
Size:  91.2 KB

Last edited by Alchem1st; Jan 30, 2015 at 10:30 PM.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 02:48 PM
Evolving Member

Video progress update! Sorry it cuts off a bit at the end! My SD card was full lol.

Old Feb 2, 2015, 05:38 PM
Evolved Member

Awesome dude so you think by Mid-End of February everything will be done or no haha...
Old Feb 2, 2015, 07:29 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by FLOW1
Awesome dude so you think by Mid-End of February everything will be done or no haha...
Depends on what you mean by "everything" haha! As far as the floor swap, yes everything should be done.
We're just about done buttoning up the brake lines now. (just need to splice them together and that's it)
All that's left to do before it can be driven is to do the fuel system; but I'm going to go ahead and start pulling the
engine soon anyway. I don't want to drive it again until the awd system is actually running. I could drive it with
the 4G93 and the rear end just spinning back there; but that's no fun after all that work haha! I want to be able to push
the car, and it won't be possible to dial in the suspension properly until the awd system is up and running.
I need to switch out my k-member as my stock one is bent anyway, so I may as well do all that before I get it
aligned and it'll be easy to get at with the engine out of the way too. Basically, the plan is to do the fuel
system and get some of the rear end bits painted now. Next, I'll start on swapping the k-member out and
fix a few front suspension nags at the same time. After that's done then I'll start working on building the
head followed by the bottom end build; and then the Evo 4 front conversion will happen. That should
pretty much complete the car! I'm hoping to at least have the engine done and the awd system up and
running by the time the DSM Shootout rolls around so I can drive the car there though.
That's a pretty tight deadline however; so we'll see if it happens. It will mostly be cash dependent haha!
Old Feb 3, 2015, 09:35 PM

Clean build! There a pn for those FA coilovers?
Look what came in the mail today!!!!

Fortune Auto 500 coilovers for an Evo IV with 8Kg Swift springs front and rear and radial bearings preinstalled. Had them valved for street use.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 10:48 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by LJ7two4
Clean build! There a pn for those FA coilovers?
I got mine through MAPerformance if I remember correctly. Just shoot them a pm and tell them what you need!
Old Feb 4, 2015, 09:35 AM
Evolved Member

Depends on what you mean by "everything" haha! As far as the floor swap, yes everything should be done.
We're just about done buttoning up the brake lines now. (just need to splice them together and that's it)
All that's left to do before it can be driven is to do the fuel system; but I'm going to go ahead and start pulling the
engine soon anyway. I don't want to drive it again until the awd system is actually running. I could drive it with
the 4G93 and the rear end just spinning back there; but that's no fun after all that work haha! I want to be able to push
the car, and it won't be possible to dial in the suspension properly until the awd system is up and running.
I need to switch out my k-member as my stock one is bent anyway, so I may as well do all that before I get it
aligned and it'll be easy to get at with the engine out of the way too. Basically, the plan is to do the fuel
system and get some of the rear end bits painted now. Next, I'll start on swapping the k-member out and
fix a few front suspension nags at the same time. After that's done then I'll start working on building the
head followed by the bottom end build; and then the Evo 4 front conversion will happen. That should
pretty much complete the car! I'm hoping to at least have the engine done and the awd system up and
running by the time the DSM Shootout rolls around so I can drive the car there though.
That's a pretty tight deadline however; so we'll see if it happens. It will mostly be cash dependent haha!
I see man...looks like a tight build though...hopefully you finish in time
Old Feb 22, 2015, 10:53 PM
Evolving Member

Name:  20150221_150855_zpsigddd5qu.jpg
Size:  91.3 KB
Old Feb 23, 2015, 07:50 AM

nice work

Nice work and well documented ,

It was good seeing some one else doing this before i got into it ,

about 5 years ago a drunk driver hit my evo iv (with 6 body work) while it was parked the damage was major all i salvaged was the engine and the rear cut so for the past few years i have been working on putting all the running gear and rear pan in a standard 4dr glxi , i have gotten as far as starting to drill the welds then life took over and it has sat like that fro about 2 years.

anyway seeing your progress and work has given me the shot in the arm to get back out there and get back into it so thanks for that

anyway once again great work and nice looking lancer coupé (mirage to you guys )
Old Feb 23, 2015, 09:22 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 66evo
Nice work and well documented ,

It was good seeing some one else doing this before i got into it ,

about 5 years ago a drunk driver hit my evo iv (with 6 body work) while it was parked the damage was major all i salvaged was the engine and the rear cut so for the past few years i have been working on putting all the running gear and rear pan in a standard 4dr glxi , i have gotten as far as starting to drill the welds then life took over and it has sat like that fro about 2 years.

anyway seeing your progress and work has given me the shot in the arm to get back out there and get back into it so thanks for that

anyway once again great work and nice looking lancer coupé (mirage to you guys )

Thanks man! Sorry to hear about your IV. Get it swapped and back on the road man!
Old Mar 1, 2015, 10:44 PM
Evolving Member

Test fit the transmission and tcase in the modified K-frame today to check clearance. Looks like it'll need to be clearanced just a
bit and then Dad can seam weld it shut and we can hit it with some black paint and install it! Made some more progress on the
wiring today as well. Coming along slowly but surely.

Name:  20150301_180707_zps2z45uhaf.jpg
Size:  91.3 KB
Name:  20150301_180719_zpsslqutvwe.jpg
Size:  101.2 KB

Last edited by Alchem1st; Mar 1, 2015 at 10:47 PM.

Quick Reply: AlchEm1st's Evo IV Coupe conversion project