Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Retired navy guy spray painted my evo (caught during the act) pics & vids

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2011, 03:44 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Psssh. That guy will prolly never find the video. And I just wouldn't bring it to court lol.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 03:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its reading pvt on Youtube!! Post a link to the new video man!!
Old Dec 7, 2011, 03:46 PM
Evolved Member

I think if someone is doing something like that to my car i have every right to beat the shyt out of them. And mister "lawyer" i think u might do the same if you saw someone doing that to your car something you wrk hard to have and build i would'nt kill them but i would kick there ***.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 03:46 PM
Evolving Member

I was at work and couldnt watch it when it came up, now im home and still cant watch it... FML!!!!
Old Dec 7, 2011, 03:47 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Teenwolf
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but as an attorney I can tell you that use of force to defend personal property is almost never legal.

Good luck. You might want to think twice about providing video evidence that could potentially be used against you.
It should be legal. If I ever caught someone doing something like that to my car, or breaking in to my car, it would not be good.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 03:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
its working now.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 03:51 PM
Evolving Member

yea you both could have been hauled off to jail. Just depends on the leo's and the area you live in.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by rhd-jon
I think if someone is doing something like that to my car i have every right to beat the shyt out of them. And mister "lawyer" i think u might do the same if you saw someone doing that to your car something you wrk hard to have and build i would'nt kill them but i would kick there ***.
Personally, he probably deserved it. Unfortunately, it doesn't matter what I, you, or anyone else thinks the law should be. What matters in my line of work is what the law is. I don't write the laws; I only do my best to inform and protect my clients.

I actually had one of my cars randomly vandalized when I was in law school. I didn't witness it but luckily a security guard witnessed it and he was located. I had his name and address but I didn't go try to kick his ***. I got my estimate, took him to small claims, and got my money.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 03:53 PM

why would he go to jail if the stranger had enough ***** to spray paint the guys car wouldn't you be thinking of what type of weapons the stranger has on him as he is commits a crime ........like a knife in his pocket so before taking a guess of losing your life or getting badly hurt/stabbed wouldn't you do the same?

........i need to see this vidddd
Old Dec 7, 2011, 03:54 PM
Evolved Member

lol @ you wana exchange numbers
Old Dec 7, 2011, 03:55 PM
Evolving Member

props out to you bro!!!!! good shyt
Old Dec 7, 2011, 03:57 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by umadevo
Wow. As I am going to school for law, There are a few things in this video that caught my attention. The first being that you detained the guy. Judging by his size and Ex-Military you had every right to "assault" him to defend your own personal moveable property. You don't know his previous training or experience in the military nor do you know if he is carrying any type of weapon on him. You had every right to disable him, especially since this is a HATE crime. EVERY type of Law Enforcement knows not to underestimate someone. You did JUST that.

As for the verbal threats, they are as that...VERBAL THREATS. Meaning they warrant nothing but a 'slap on the wrist'. And no where in the video did you say you were going to KILL him, you said he's "Lucky you're not going to...." The same goes with text message threats, voicemail threats and/or facebook threats. At worst case, your looking at a restraining order from him and as far as the Maine State law goes, you need other incidences of harassment to even be allowed the form to apply for it.

So what these people that oppose what you did are saying is that what you did is wrong, but I'm sure think this is OK?

I've had my car vandalized and never caught the guy until recently. Did I vindicate myself? Are you kidding me, I wouldn't EVER pass that opportunity up. You gave this guy what he didn't expect to get, and that was exactly what he deserved.

Don't let these "older, mature" clowns tell you they would've done any different. And if they say they would've then they have a vag. I've been in your shoes man, good for you.
Laws vary greatly from state to state. For instance, detaining someone in Arizona could be a kidnapping charge.

I agree that the dude deserved everything he got, and I'd have reacted similarly I'm sure. I was just trying to give OP a heads up.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 03:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
OP,
where was your car parked at?
Old Dec 7, 2011, 04:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Too far? Are you ****ing kidding me? The guy is still coherent.

On another note, I'm actually glad I didn't catch the guy who broke into my wife's car. I heard a noise at 2am and decided not to go check it out. Had I, I could be in serious trouble. I've gone to jail for self defense and it's not fun! It down right sucks.

Good luck and good job!!!
Old Dec 7, 2011, 04:06 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by R/TErnie
OP,
where was your car parked at?
outside of a restaurant in the very back of the parking lot.

Quick Reply: Retired navy guy spray painted my evo (caught during the act) pics & vids