Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Evolved 3g Eclipse Project Finished!!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2013, 01:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evolved 3g Eclipse Project Finished!!

This is a 2002 3g Eclipse with a 2.4l block / Evo 8 head fully built motor. I've been working on this project for 2 years and Wednesday the 4th, she finally started!!!

Mods are

k1 crank, k1 rods, wiseco custom 9.5:1 pistons, Acl rod main thrust race bearings, 2+mm oversized Brian Crower valves, GSC beehive valve springs, GSC chro-molly valve seats, GSC titanium retainers, GSC s2 274/274 cams, full bowl-blend, Aem tru-time cam gears, Modified/extended ETS 1.8" Turbo manifold, ETS upper (lower ic pipe also modified) and ETS lower intercooler piping, Treadstone TR8 intercooler, ported 65mm throttle body, stock evo 8 intake manifold, stock evo 8 turbo 10.5 hotside, Fidanza lightweight flywheel, ACT 6-puck sprung clutch, modified DC 3" downpipe, Invidia N1 cat-back exhaust, Megan short shifter, Boost/Vac - Volt - Oil pressure Gauges, battery relocated to trunk w/ kill switch and hidden ignition start button, NRG harness bar, simulated leather racing seats, custom seat brackets, blue LED interior/dash conversion, Zaklee Clear cam cover, Spectra Blue air filter, Tial 8-psi spring Blow off valve, Braided hoses in entire engine bay, Prothane motor mounts and custom polyurethane rear motor mount (since prothanes "insert" for rear mount doesn't match nor work) TSW jarama 18x8 Wheels, Rear GT disk brake conversion w/ Slotted and drilled disk all the way around. XT style Seibon CF hood, DC front and rear strut bars, DC front and rear sway bars, coolant overflow relotacted, weapon R oil catch can, Vertical doors Inc hinges, 2 JL audio 14.5 inch w1's with 500/1 watt JL amp, Walbro 255 fuel pump, stock evo 8 injectors, Omni 4-bar map sensor, maf delete, balance shaft delete, ported evo 8 intake manifold, hallman MBC, stainless steel braided oil feed and return lines for turbo, more mods can't think of anything else right now just excited to have gotten the car started after being in project mode; Roughly 22k spent on this project. Motor is currently untuned running on 3g stock ecu, just completed the 5 heat cycles and now im waiting for a tune before I run the motor any more.

Tell me what you guys think!

and heres a vid of the 5th heat cycle start up

After much struggle with off the dis information I've received about this project she is finally alive! it was parked in august of 2011 due to a snapped balance shaft belt and the motor wasn't very pretty. This is what my engine looked like before the project

Last edited by 4g64t_dohc; Sep 7, 2013 at 02:14 AM.
Old Sep 7, 2013, 05:05 AM
Evolved Member

Good job on the Swap and hard work, I remember my days with the 3G GTS and glad I am here. Be ready for the comments ona few items personaly I think you should kill THe radiator hose looks to be from Autozone, that spectere Filter is a no go on a boosted car to say a few other then that good job. I would not even turn that car on without a tune.
Old Sep 7, 2013, 06:01 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
I like it a lot Well done on the swap.

Would like to see a different choice of wheels /tires if you dont mind me saying

Super clean motor build & the engine bay looks great (sounds great at idle!!!)
Old Sep 7, 2013, 07:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
Swap looks really clean.

I have a personal hatred for those cars though (EX GF GT V6 and it was a pile)

Nothing against your hard work and dedication though, good job and enjoy
Old Sep 7, 2013, 08:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was never a 3g fan either because of them dropping the 4g63 motor.

This is awesome though. Congrats on finishing the project. Looks great. You gotta get that awd in there lol
Old Sep 7, 2013, 10:37 AM
Evolving Member

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Congrats on the hard work. I also never liked the 3g eclipse.
Old Sep 7, 2013, 01:02 PM

Very cool! Torque steer a little? The quest for a proper 3g is almost complete, now you just have to figure out the drivetrain.
Old Sep 7, 2013, 01:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's awesome man, great work
Old Sep 7, 2013, 09:08 PM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I remember when you posted a thread on here a long time ago talking about doing this swap. I'm glad to see you went through with it, it came out very good. Good luck with the car
Old Sep 7, 2013, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by MinusPrevious
I like it a lot Well done on the swap.

Would like to see a different choice of wheels /tires if you dont mind me saying

Super clean motor build & the engine bay looks great (sounds great at idle!!!)
Thanks man and funny you say that though, I just bought the TSW wheels, I had chrome 18x7.5 devino type 645 wheels and they looked really tacky.
Old Sep 7, 2013, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by BEISSEN
Good job on the Swap and hard work, I remember my days with the 3G GTS and glad I am here. Be ready for the comments ona few items personaly I think you should kill THe radiator hose looks to be from Autozone, that spectere Filter is a no go on a boosted car to say a few other then that good job. I would not even turn that car on without a tune.
lol dude your post is funny,

............no dude, Oreillys all the way jk

so where exactly do you buy your radiator hoses then? LOL all I did was braid all my hoses, its still the same as yours underneath and didn't our parents always tell us its whats on the inside that counts?
Old Sep 7, 2013, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by illogicalmind
I was never a 3g fan either because of them dropping the 4g63 motor.

This is awesome though. Congrats on finishing the project. Looks great. You gotta get that awd in there lol
Thanks man I was planning on doing the AWD swap next after I blow out this trans.... again.

here's the last diff

Old Sep 7, 2013, 09:44 PM

It's an interesting swap, motor looks clean - but wtf is with the 3g Eclipse?

It's like transplanting Megan Fox's body under Joan Rivers' head... It's still Joan Rivers. Would not fcuck...
Old Sep 7, 2013, 09:49 PM
Evolving Member

Awd swap would be sweet.
Old Sep 7, 2013, 09:55 PM

Looking good!! Nice and clean!

Quick Reply: Evolved 3g Eclipse Project Finished!!