Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Master Of Details – Jack’s EVO VII

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2016, 10:17 AM
Evolving Member

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
Master Of Details – Jack’s EVO VII

(Feature excerpt from becauserc.com which is found by me and my friend)

There are car’s that you see and you know you have to feature it. Jack’s Lancer Evolution VII is one of those car. I first knew about this car from the now defunct zerotohundred.com magazine issue #06 because they did a feature on this very Lancer Evolution VII when BRC is not even an idea yet. It took me quite awhile to find out who is the owner and asked for the feature. For the third feature of our Lancer Evolution special, we bring you a build that will stand up to the test of time as Jack builds this car for no one but himself.

The Lancer Evolution VII is the most common Lancer Evolution in Malaysia. All of this is down to timing. It came out in a time when car financing terms were much more favorable with lower interest rates, higher loan margins and longer repayment periods compared to previously. While the Lancer Evolution is still by no means a common sight on the road, the Evolution VII is the most common generation. Because it is part of the CT9A chassis or third generation Lancer Evolution based on the Lancer Cedia chassis, it shares a lot in common with subsequent Lancer Evolutions. As a matter of fact, Jack’s EVO VII has a few upgrades from the later Lancer Evolution such as the 6 speed manual gearbox, Lancer Evolution IX faux carbon A/C vent trim panel,smoked headlight/tailights from the Lancer Evolution IX along with the rear bumper from the Lancer Evolution IX. Such is the joy of the Lancer Evolution where you can pick and mix the best bits you like into one car.

It is fair to say that this particular Lancer Evolution VII is lucky enough to have Jack as its owner. Jacks interest in the Lancer Evolution developed during the heyday of the Lancer Evolution WRC days when Jack was still a university student. Iconic drivers such as Colin McRae, Marcus Gronholm and Tommi Makinen were his heroes. He owned a Satria GTI prior. After the chance to test drive a friend’s Satria GTI during his early adulthood, he bought one when he had the means to do so. During his ownership, the Satria GTI was pretty well modded with coil on plugs, turbo etc. However, like fate for a lot of Satria GTIs, unintended change of ownership took place to his own Satria GTI too. So, he decided to get a Lancer Evolution that he had always wanted and the rest as they say, is history.

Judging from the mod list, it is fair to say Jack is a very meticulous owner. There is a lot of parts not commonly found in a street EVO such as the Syvecs S6 standalone ECU with plug and play harness, Quaife helical ATB center differential, a Shepard Racing 4.09 final drive for the 6 speed manual transmission, full hard line for vacuum hoses etc. As a matter of fact, Jack’s EVO is the first car i came across ever with hard line for vacuum hoses! The cost and labour to do this dictates that only the most dedicated owners with serious attention to detail will go down this route. When Jack popped up his engine hood, there was certainly a wow factor to it. The theme is co-ordinated well with yellow and black as the theme and I have never ever seen this much of AN fitting in an engine bay. Jack shows that, with some planning and knowing what you want, you can have an aesthetically pleasing engine bay while still remaining highly practical/functional.

Click http://becauserc.com/site/attention-...jacks-evo-vii/ for more
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/becauserc1337
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/because_rc/
Old Apr 6, 2016, 03:32 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
nice build
Old Apr 7, 2016, 07:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Gorgeous
Old Apr 10, 2016, 04:38 PM
Evolving Member