Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

lolimvince Evo 9 mr Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2016, 02:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lolimvince Evo 9 mr Build Thread

Hey all, first time making a build thread and what better way than to start with a fresh with an Evo 9 mr I just picked up! So to start off this build thread i'll just add some pics of my previous cars.

I originally had a 2006 honda civic which I was given when I was about 16 years old. Didn't have a very vast knowledge at that age so what to do than every young kid than to slam the car and put rep wheels on it!

2 years past and I decided to be a big boy and sell the civic I was given and buy my own car that I had a say in. I was always a honda fanboy from the start so the s2000 was like a dream to me. So I posted up the civic for sale and within 2 weeks after selling it I found a low mileage s2000 at a local dealership. I went down later that day to the dealership and came back with my new car!

The s2k was the car I learned a majority of my car knowledge from, made me tons of new friends in the car scene and helped me get a better idea of what I look for in a car. The s2k went through many many stages from wheels, to parts and even color but I am confident to say now that I am done with that build I know exactly what I want in my new evo!

Now for the introduction of the evo. Its a 2006 Evo 9 MR that had 53k miles on it when I picked it up about a month-ish ago. The mods it came with was a HKS downpipe, testpipe, and Greddy TI-C exhaust and a tune. Car currently makes 310whp and 300 torque (stated from previous owner). The car was a one owner and he had original everything even down to the original window sticker! He gave me 3 sets of keys, original owners manual, 2 trunks (one with oem wing and one without a wing), stock exhaust system (downpipe, cat, exhaust), and many other small oem bits and pieces.

Ordered a set of OEM window visors as well as a OEM front plate garnish. I will post pictures of the car with the visors, front plate garnish as well as the OEM wing back on as soon as I can.

I also picked up a set of Volk TE37's RT from a friend of mine that had a deal I couldn't pass up and being that I always wanted a set of TE's for the longest time. The spec on these are 18x9.5+23, a rare spec as they are a spec that only came out for a certain time and are now discontinued. They also came with 265/35/18 RS3's which are basically brand new. These will be sitting for a while until I picked up some suspension.

Some pictures of the evo after I added on the front plate garnish and window visors. Also put the trunk with the OEM evo wing back on.

I finally got sometime to mount up the te37's, roll my fenders, get tires and lugs! Also picked up some BC racing coils from my buddy who had them just sitting.
For $500 I couldnt pass them up.

So I sold the 265/35/18 RS3's to a buddy. Didn't want to run 265's since that would have taken wayyyy too much work.I Wanted to try out these Firestone Firehawk Indy 500's. They are essentially re branded BridgeStone RE003's. For only $450 a set they drive very well.

Here is the car after everything is on. Only rolled the rears, left the fronts unrolled. With -2 camber all around it clears no problem.

So I finally got around the updating the build thread! I picked up a few things in the past couple of months and 1 being this Tial QR BOV from someone local. It was never used and the guy was nice enough to throw in every spring i'll need for it!

Not too long after that bayson r had a black friday sale on JDM rear bumpers so why not get one of those too! A part that I really like about this bumper is that its polyurethane!

Also picked up some more pieces for going E85 such as a Walbro 255 fuel pump, ETS upper and lower intercooler piping (short route), ETS mini battery, and ETS MAF intake. Ill post a pic of the mini battery when I get a chance because I forgot to take a pic when I got it lol.

The car still looks the same aesthetically but here are a couple of pictures from the last few months.

Current mods:
-HKS downpipe
-Test pipe
-Greddy TI-C Exhaust
-Tune
-OEM front plate garnish
-OEM window visors
-Volk TE37's RT 18x9.5+23
-Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 255/35/18
-Project kics R40
-BC Br Coil overs 8K/8k spring rates
-Walbro 255 fuel pump
-Tial 50mm QR BOV
-ETS upper intercooler piping
-ETS lower intercooler piping
-ETS MAF intake
-ETS mini battery
-JDM rear bumper

I will be updating as much as I can on the progression of this build and include as many pics as I can and answer any questions or comments as soon as I can as well. Thank you for taking a look at my build in advance, cheers!

Last edited by lolimvince; Jan 20, 2017 at 01:19 AM.
Old Oct 11, 2016, 02:08 AM

Reserved

Reserved.

Reserved..
Old Oct 11, 2016, 02:09 AM

Reserved...
Old Oct 12, 2016, 05:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
That final color on the s2k was *******. Welcome and have fun with your 9. Looks pretty damn clean...that's about as nice as they come 10 years later
Old Oct 12, 2016, 10:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow, that S2000 was crazy!!
Old Oct 13, 2016, 07:08 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Wow, excellent taste in cars. Loved the S2k and what you have planned for the Evo. Looks clean as f!
Old Oct 14, 2016, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by YogSaahoth
That final color on the s2k was *******. Welcome and have fun with your 9. Looks pretty damn clean...that's about as nice as they come 10 years later
Originally Posted by domenictoretto
Wow, excellent taste in cars. Loved the S2k and what you have planned for the Evo. Looks clean as f!
Originally Posted by EvilTechnology
Wow, that S2000 was crazy!!
Thank you guys! Glad to have joined the community as well
Old Oct 14, 2016, 03:21 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 345 Likes on 262 Posts
Awesome pictures of both cars! I'm diggin the wheel and tire combo on the last S2k picture. Nice and meaty tires, not like those stretched up the a$$ fools who are causing a danger to themselves and others on the road.

Looking forward to seeing this project evolve!

-pal215
Old Jan 20, 2017, 01:18 AM

Finally got around to updating!

Last edited by lolimvince; Jan 20, 2017 at 01:31 AM.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 09:18 AM
Evolving Member

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Question on your ic piping. Why did you go with the short route? I'm confused about this option. anything special about it? Great build btw