Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Custom Headlights

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2017, 12:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Custom Headlights

I was wondering if anyone could help me ID the modifications below on the Evo 8/9 headlights in the pictures attached below (not including the eyelids). I really like the Angel Eye look in this application because it seems to fit rather well. I'm not too sure if the headlight housings are blacked out or not, but they look like it. Are the signal lights permanently on vs the parking lights?

Any info on how to achieve this would be much appreciated

I drive a 04 VIII GSR with USDM headlights if that helps.
Attached Thumbnails Custom Headlights-img_1400-1.jpg   Custom Headlights-img_1401.jpg  
Old Feb 1, 2017, 03:25 PM

Looks like blacked out housings. Probably just baked it open and installed something similar to what can be found here. simple install, just buy a couple of these halos and figure out a way to mount them. They are probably different than a 100mm one, just using these as an example

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...k%3Ahalo+100mm
Old Feb 2, 2017, 07:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts
that's just a piece of vinyl over the top section of the headlight, commonly known as eyelids. many cars have aftermarket plastic ones that clip on or adhesive on somehow

doesn't look like any modifications in the headlight, just the flash from the camera reflecting back off the high beam housing
Old Feb 2, 2017, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by llDemonll
that's just a piece of vinyl over the top section of the headlight, commonly known as eyelids. many cars have aftermarket plastic ones that clip on or adhesive on somehow

doesn't look like any modifications in the headlight, just the flash from the camera reflecting back off the high beam housing
Ahhhhh, it seems that you're right about that observation. In the second picture I attached the other headlight doesn't have the halo effect at all it looks so cool though
Old Feb 2, 2017, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by JJVeld
Looks like blacked out housings. Probably just baked it open and installed something similar to what can be found here. simple install, just buy a couple of these halos and figure out a way to mount them. They are probably different than a 100mm one, just using these as an example

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...k%3Ahalo+100mm
I don't know anything about how custom headlights done, is that how halos are typically installed??
Old Feb 2, 2017, 12:00 PM
Evolving Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Check this guy out https://www.instagram.com/elstiggarage/

There's another one too that seems to do good work but my first suggestion seems like he can make your headlight however you want it.