Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Shining Monkey SUCKS!!! DONT BUY

Old Sep 21, 2004, 10:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Steve,
Nick here, im not sure if we met before or not but damn you sound personal with your review, hahahaha

Ive been using it for months no and still have no problems at all with it - i've showed it to tons of people and heard back from people i recommend and none of them ever have any problems.
Either way, this seemed to REALLLY **** you off... HAHAHA like the monkey did you dirty, maybe banged around your girl or something... hehe

Anyhow, i still stand by my words... i dont think im the only one either, and a few have already spoken.

the high gloss part.. i agree to some extent but here is the thing, it gives you an option... instead of just "Hey everyone i just drove through a puddle of oil" and for me it isnt an issue cuz on the street I like to roll around with a matte /satin finish... but for shows ill make it glossier, so you spray once and it is a (1 time) satin/matte finish - but for more (2-3)gloss just spray some more on there until you get the desired "bling", wet look id say is about (4 times) - remember its an aerosol so it also depends how far u hold your hand from the tire - i do mine like 6" and i dont have any uneveness...

the best thing is it builds up but it still wont spit off on the side of your car and lasts for weeeks in daily driving and rain, doesnt matter still stays nice and shiney. still doesnt spit.

other than that - which for me isnt even a problem i have no issues

that hot shine stuff... ive used it is like crisco, Black magic runs and eagle one spits like a $5 hooker.. HAHAH
Old Sep 21, 2004, 10:58 AM
UFO
Evolved Member

I bought a can of it just to try and because I like to try and support the sponsors of the site. Did it shine like some of that wet stuff you apply with a sponge? No, but it did give a nice enough shine to make me happy. It was also pretty even going on and didn't spit at all. I applied it 2 weeks ago and have driven in the rain since and it still looks great. As soon as I get through the 1st can I'll be ordering some more.

However, I'd like to know what effect the product has on the wheels over a period of time. I made sure to wipe off any monkey juice that found its way on to my wheels but it's hard to get it all of without washing the wheels again.
Old Sep 21, 2004, 11:26 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by UFO
I bought a can of it just to try and because I like to try and support the sponsors of the site. Did it shine like some of that wet stuff you apply with a sponge? No, but it did give a nice enough shine to make me happy. It was also pretty even going on and didn't spit at all. I applied it 2 weeks ago and have driven in the rain since and it still looks great. As soon as I get through the 1st can I'll be ordering some more.

However, I'd like to know what effect the product has on the wheels over a period of time. I made sure to wipe off any monkey juice that found its way on to my wheels but it's hard to get it all of without washing the wheels again.

told you - im not the only one :-)

UFO, about the wheels... as some of you know i have the OZ Racing 3 pc, super leggeras on the car since ohh i dunno Jan? and been using this stuff for months! no isse with my wheels yet dunno if that helps but these arent cheapo wheels id not notice or speak up about... you might also want to spray in a calm area, u know not during a hurrican :-)
Old Sep 21, 2004, 11:30 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mrdecibel
Shining monkey works great on "Clean" rubber. Did not work too well on rubber that looked "Clean", but held up on actual "Clean" rubber. Only problem I have is that the stuff lasts so long, it doesn't wash off when you want it to. Also, no way to control overspray from aerosol can. My polished lip on my wheels doesn't care too much for that monkey. It wants to spank it.
Dawn will wash it away
Old Sep 21, 2004, 11:40 AM
Evolved Member

Well Dman I wish that you guys could see this for real. It barely looks like anything is on the tires at all. and it definitely wont last a couple of weeks the way that it iwas looking a day after it was applied.

Rollin my tires though a puddle of soda would probabhy look alot better than this......

and its nothin personal but when you spend cash plus shipping you would expect this **** to be like gold.

Nah we havent me but I know we all know each other lol.
Dont worry though Ill be back down there as soon as I get the tranny back from shepherd
Old Sep 21, 2004, 11:48 AM
Evolved Member

Well Dman I wish that you guys could see this for real. It barely looks like anything is on the tires at all. and it definitely wont last a couple of weeks the way that it iwas looking a day after it was applied.

Rollin my tires though a puddle of soda would probabhy look alot better than this......

and its nothin personal but when you spend cash plus shipping you would expect this **** to be like gold.

Dont worry though Ill be back down there as soon as I get the tranny back from shepherd
Old Sep 21, 2004, 11:50 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by stevEVO8

i just dont see how it could have been THAT BAD, considering this is all i use.. hahaha maybe you were drunk and used white spray paint thinking it was No Spitting?
thats how much sense it makes to me LOL

im completely lost on this one
Old Sep 21, 2004, 12:01 PM
Evolving Member

hmm I can see people saying the first coat is a bright matte finish second is glossy third is more glossy 4-5 is super wet...and either way...it stays on no matter how many coats...for weeks on an every day car....I have it on my garaged car for like 4 months now..and its never needed to be reapplied...are you sure you applied it correctly? It seeems youre using strong words to describe it...I dont think anyone would say it SUCKS or DONT BUY IT...Its not inexpensive but you get what u pay for...what you save on washing your car from normal tire dressing flinging up and the little oil spots in the paint ..its worth it for sure...Did you wash your tires completely? If you spray the dressing on dusty oily tires the dressing has nothing to cling to...it only clings to rubber not oil dirt and dust..If you want an inexpensive solution to tire dressing...try benzine..alot of car washes use it...but if you want somethign that wont fling up on your paint and mess your car up...the monkey is the only way to go...
Old Sep 21, 2004, 12:10 PM

i have had nothing but great luck with the monkey goes on easy and it does'nt spit on the side of my car, I have used all different kinds of tire stuff and nothing is easier to put on or last longer than shinning monkey
Old Sep 21, 2004, 12:28 PM

well I guess there is a 1st for everything.

I am on my 2nd case of this stuff, why the 2nd case because I keep giving them out to my friends that I see using GARBAGE like eagle 1. This is by far the best tire dressing out there. The way you described your usage w/ the monkey, seems that you are really pissed off... Dude its just tire shine, if you like it cool, if you don't like it don't use it.... But to come here and say, IT SUCKS or DON"T BUY it, is garbage.. What did the monkey ever do to you. LOL Ppl have been fooled for years about how their tires should look, you don't want the main focus of your car on your tires, you want it on the car, what you do want is your rim/tire combo to compliment the car not be the main focus.... Don't get it twisted

Hey Shining Monkey ppl. When are the rest of the products coming out?

Also if they are anything like your tire shine, put me down for 2 of everything.... I'm tired of all this crap that is out there.

I have heard nothing but great things about that company, so my question to you, are you looking for employees?
Old Sep 21, 2004, 03:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evo81
i love using old slang like ****,broads,and square
just keep your meat hooks off
Old Sep 21, 2004, 08:56 PM
Evolving Member

I think it's funny that people say things like "omfg my tires spits on my car wenz i dotn use teh munkey!" I realize the whole point of the product is not to have gunk flung up on your car. But seriously. It takes all of five seconds to use a sponge and whatever you happen to swear by this week. Shining Monkey might be good tire dressing, but some of you guys talk about it like it's orgasm in a can.
Old Sep 21, 2004, 09:18 PM
Evolved Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Hatorade
I think it's funny that people say things like "omfg my tires spits on my car wenz i dotn use teh munkey!" I realize the whole point of the product is not to have gunk flung up on your car. But seriously. It takes all of five seconds to use a sponge and whatever you happen to swear by this week. Shining Monkey might be good tire dressing, but some of you guys talk about it like it's orgasm in a can.

Amen my brotha. You just said everything I was thinking while I was reading this thread.
Old Sep 21, 2004, 09:21 PM
Evolved Member

i use the maguires stuff...reall good doesnt run...and it smells pretty too
Old Sep 22, 2004, 02:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by r32awd
i use the maguires stuff...reall good doesnt run...and it smells pretty too
are you talking about that 'endurance' stuff? oh yeah, its like cotton candy pink and smells soooo good i wanna just like down the bottle myself, too bad id kill me

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Shining Monkey SUCKS!!! DONT BUY