Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Tire shop screws up rims

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2005, 05:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Tire shop screws up rims

Saturday I went to go get my new tires put on. I take it down to Tire plus and drop it off. They tell me it will be about an 1 hour- 1.5 hours, thats fine for me because my gf was buying a new car that day. So the whole day goes by and i don't here from them so i call them around 3:00pm they said it is done. I didn't ask why they didn't call me but I head down there to pick it up. When I get there the bill was $95 and some change. I am thinking holy ****! I ask them where are my old tires(advans)are(i wat them back cause they only have 6000 miles on them)so they go get them. While they are getting them I go and look the car over. I was shocked what I saw, 3 out of my 4 rims were missing paint all the way down to the metal. So now I have polished lips on my stock rims. I ask to see the manager, so they send out the supervisor not the store manager. I tell him what happened and he says that it is a curb rash that I did. I was not happy so the tech comes out and looks at it and says that it is from the machine not me. They take some pics of the damage and tells me to come back today to talk to the store manager. To make things worse the tires are notbalanced right so now my sterring wheel shakes at 60+ speeds. Today I am going to the dealership and getting a qoute on how much it is to fix them and going to talk to the manager to get my money back and to pay for the rims to be fixed. Is there anything else that I need to do?

Cliff Notes: Tire shop screwed up rims now I am going after them to fix it.
Old May 16, 2005, 05:51 AM
Evolved Member

Im sorry to hear that. just make sure you have all your evidence that you didnt do it, you how they can easily blame you back.
Old May 16, 2005, 05:55 AM
Evolving Member

Just make sure u get those pictures. There is an obvious difference between curb rash and a machine scrap. I work in a tire shop so I can tell u that if they caused the scrap, by law they have to fix them. As long as u have those pictures and they show a smooth scrape, then it is obvious and there wont be ne problems.
Old May 16, 2005, 07:16 AM

yeah i took pictures and so did they. the tech also admitted fault to it.
Old May 16, 2005, 07:24 AM
Evolving Member

yup, sounds familure, except they bent 2 of my brand new wheels in the process. They wouldn't fix it though.
Old May 16, 2005, 07:34 AM

yeah if they don't want it then they will be hearing from the economical(sp?) crimes unit.
Old May 16, 2005, 07:38 AM
Evolved Member

I would be pissed. When I just had mine done I waited there and watched over there work. I just thougth they would try harder if I was watching.
Old May 16, 2005, 07:45 AM

yeah had to control myself around them, good thing my brother-in law was with me.
Old May 16, 2005, 07:53 AM
Evolved Member

I've had this with my stock rims.. when putting on aftermarket I was very very picky when choosing someone to mount and balance.
Old May 17, 2005, 05:35 AM

well i got them to replace one of the rims. they are replacing the worst one.
Old May 19, 2005, 10:42 AM
Evolving Member

same thing happened to me. they put the rims on my tires and 15 minutes after driving, my rear driver side tire popped. i was soooooooooo pissed to say the least. i took pictures and emailed them to the place i got my tires and they said the tech there ''cut the tire bead''. so i called up meineke and complained. they told me to but the tire and they will pay me back. im goin there today so we'll see what happens. as they put them on that day, i noticed the guy was getting pissed and having troubles with it. when i go today, my b/f is coming with me and he's bringing his tire pressure kit to make sure everything is ok before i drive off. i just hope that nothing else is wrong with the rest ofmy tires. usually shops wont replace ANY damage, but u gotta convince them what they did wrong. just dont give up lol! ug otta have it ur way. you pay them to do a good job so thats what they should do.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=138648

theres where the pic of the tire is

Last edited by diameters; May 19, 2005 at 10:45 AM.
Old May 19, 2005, 10:46 AM
Evolving Member

^scroll down halfway thru the page btw
Old May 19, 2005, 11:44 AM
Evolved Member

First two thing that I told the guys at discount tires before putting new tires were.

1. Hide the weights.
2. Don't freakin stratch or bend the rims

Before you let them do anything tell the idiots!
Old May 19, 2005, 11:45 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds familiar. I went and got new tires put on my stockers and they not only scraped the outside edge of all four of my rims, but they screwed up the edge around where the cap goes in the center. I went and got the manager and showed him, he referred me to the body shop they use to have them look at fixing them. I ended up getting all four resanded and repainted, they even took out the curb rash I had on two of them. They look as good as new now.
Old May 22, 2005, 09:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
sorry about all the troubles. hopefully, everything works out for you.