Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Need quick lug-nut identifying help

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2006, 01:50 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need quick lug-nut identifying help

I got this Evo used from a person here on the board. When I got it, there were aftermarket wheels on the car (5Zigen FNOR1C wheels) and what appears to be aftermarket lug nuts. The guy forgot to include the wheel nut lock key with the car, so now I have no way of getting the wheels off the car. I can't figure out what kind of lug nuts these are...I've never seen any like these before. They are perfectly smooth on the outside, and have a star pattern that is slightly more than a 1/2 inch in diameter on the inside. Anyone know what kind of lug nuts these are? The star pattern has 10 points, and goes all the way back to the lug (meaning you can see the lug bolt by looking into the lug nut. It doesn't appear to be any strange shaped star (like some aftermarket lug nuts have rounded edge to fit a specific key)...just a normal 10 point star pattern. Can anyone identify these lug nuts? Is there some general tool I could use to get them off? I can't get a grip on them from the outside...and I can't find anything the right size for the inside that won't slip.
Old Sep 3, 2006, 11:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Dude, you just need to buy a brand new EVO and be done with all this craptastic work that the previous owners did. The reliability and comfort of a stock car with a warranty is something you need. . .

EVOlutionary
Old Sep 5, 2006, 04:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by AutoEuphoria
I got this Evo used from a person here on the board. When I got it, there were aftermarket wheels on the car (5Zigen FNOR1C wheels) and what appears to be aftermarket lug nuts. The guy forgot to include the wheel nut lock key with the car, so now I have no way of getting the wheels off the car. I can't figure out what kind of lug nuts these are...I've never seen any like these before. They are perfectly smooth on the outside, and have a star pattern that is slightly more than a 1/2 inch in diameter on the inside. Anyone know what kind of lug nuts these are? The star pattern has 10 points, and goes all the way back to the lug (meaning you can see the lug bolt by looking into the lug nut. It doesn't appear to be any strange shaped star (like some aftermarket lug nuts have rounded edge to fit a specific key)...just a normal 10 point star pattern. Can anyone identify these lug nuts? Is there some general tool I could use to get them off? I can't get a grip on them from the outside...and I can't find anything the right size for the inside that won't slip.
picture?
Old Sep 5, 2006, 04:21 AM
Yme
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WarmPepsi
picture?
+1
Old Sep 6, 2006, 01:43 PM
Evolved Member

sound like spline drives.
Old Sep 6, 2006, 07:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
http://www.evasivemotorsports.com/me...tegory_Code=L1
http://www.racingdimension.com/index...ROD&ProdID=205

Probably not either of those. Probably the second from the left in this picture.
http://www.customwheelaccessories.com/TunerLugNuts.html
Old Sep 7, 2006, 12:06 PM
Evolving Member

well...I swapped the brake pads with the wheels on if you can believe that...pretty intense considering I haven't done a brake pad job ever before LOL
Old Sep 7, 2006, 03:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by AutoEuphoria
well...I swapped the brake pads with the wheels on if you can believe that...pretty intense considering I haven't done a brake pad job ever before LOL
lol, i'll be the first to call BS, as i can't understand how you'd be able to hammer the pins back in with the wheel in the way
Old Sep 7, 2006, 03:45 PM
Evolving Member

Got to your dealership those sound like the OEM option to me.