Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

brembo clearance

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2008, 07:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
brembo clearance

i need some help...

i just got a set of 17x8 rota boosts for my evo...took it to discount tire to have tires mounted, balanced and installed...then when the guy tried to put it on..the front passenger side rim rubs a little bit on the brembo...he tried the back passenger side and that didn't rub as much, though it still does. i drove it to work last nite and every time i'm making a right turn and braking, i hear something rubbing (kinda like brush, brush brush, brush...in intervals), which i assume is the mentioned brembo and the rim...i took a look at it this morning and my front driver side has more clearance from the brembo than the front passenger side...how is that possible? i guess one of these days i should jack up my car and try putting on the left 2 sides and test fit to see if those clear ok...although that's gonna be a hassle if they do because the tires are mounted going the opposite direction being on that side of the car. it didn't come with hub centric rings when i had it installed also.

so would the hub rings help and center the rim more that it won't rub and get a little more clearance? what would be some of the causes why my front driver side rubs and the front driver side has the clearance? i tried both right side rims and both rub on the brembo...would it have something to do with alignment? toe angle, camber?

here's the specs of the wheels: 17x8 +35mm offset 73 bore, tires are 245/40/17

any opinions would help. thanks fellas!

Last edited by reggiesd; Mar 5, 2008 at 07:22 AM.
Old Mar 5, 2008, 08:57 AM
Evolved Member

bump up..anyone?
Old Mar 5, 2008, 05:46 PM

My geuss would be that your offset is not correct. Toe, camber or caster has nothing to do with the rim rubing on the caliper. Check to see if the all rims are the same. Try the ring, if not it then you just have two different rims.
Old Mar 5, 2008, 06:14 PM
Evolved Member

yeah i'm hoping the ring would give me that itty bitty clearance i need. when they were spinning the tires at discount tires, not all the spokes rub against the brembo..just 1 or 2 i think..and the guy said it happens when the powder coat is too thick on a part of the wheel and not the other...i'm also guessing since the wheel's not centered that might be causing it too...hopefully the hub rings would help a bit. thanks anyway!