Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

DA Konis for Evo

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2003, 08:45 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DA Konis for Evo

I wrote a note to Koni asking about struts for the Evo. Their response:

"There is currently no plans to come out with anything for the Evo but we have custom built pieces for the vehicle. The last setup that we did was a double adjustable front and rear setup where we used a set of donors from the customer's vehicle. This setup cost about $2200 to do through our shop as there is a lot of fabrication that was required. If you have any questions, please write back and let me know. Thanks for writing."

First question: Is the Evo owner who got these on this forum?

Second question: Do any of you coilover boys want to sell me your old struts & shocks?

Staying in stock class for autocross is looking less cost effective all the time...

JW
Old Sep 3, 2003, 08:51 AM
Evolving Member

Follow up from Koni:

"The other customer was also a stock class autocrosser. The front struts were converted by a wet kit to a double adjustable (compression and rebound) strut while the rear shock was completely custom fabricated (using the clevis and spring perch off the old factory piece) and make into a double adjustable shock as well. Thanks for writing."

Who are you, my fellow stock class AX nut?

JW
Old Sep 9, 2003, 04:02 PM
jwh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It wasnt me but I also talked to Koni. It's gonna take some thought ...not to mention saving to get me to part w/ 2200 for a set of DA shocks
Old Sep 10, 2003, 03:35 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah, it's a tough call. $2200 plus the cost of the donor struts (unless you want your car out of service for a few weeks) could buy a nice set of coilovers and a bunch more power, but I would really like to stay in A Stock. It's a lot easier to have a livable daily driver that is competetive in stock than it is in SP or SM.

I will probably do it, but it is a tough pill to swallow. I was hoping that someone would come out with something more affordable, like a KYB AGX or something like that. But then it sort of dawned on me when Koni said they had no plans for regular production of adjustable struts for the Evo, that probably nobody will. Otherwise, they would already be making them for the 7, just like people were making coilovers. Unless someone decides that there are enough more Evos being sold now to justify it, I am guessing that we are SOL...

JW