Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Knocking Noise when turning

Old Feb 22, 2009, 09:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Knocking Noise when turning

Hi everyone,

I was hoping someone can give me some advice. Every time I turn left, I hear a "click or knocking" as I turn. I've asked around and everyone says it's my axle that needs to be replaced. So my question to everyone is, do you recommend a specific type of axle? I've being looking on the internet and have found a universal axle for $100.00. I am not sure if that is a bad idea to get or not. I called the dealer ship and they were charging me like $550 or something which is crazy. I was hoping someone can give me some suggestions on this, I would really appreciate it.

Luis 2005 Evo VIII
Old Feb 23, 2009, 02:17 PM

hey man, if i'm in your situation, i would look for a really good mechanic, buy the original axles even if it costs a lot. at least you know it's oem. let the mechanic put it on your car, cheaper that way,buying an axle that costs cheap may not last long. think about it man, i will still put the original axle on my evo though. or let mits. fix it at least it's under their warranty. our car is not cheap, that's the sad thing about it. what you can also do is look for evo's that are parting out. there's a lot in the marketplace. you could find one that's still good and cheap. thats how i see it, the last decision is still yours. hope i helped you decide. goodluck man.
Old Feb 24, 2009, 06:53 PM

Thanks for the response 3VOIXMR...I'm going nuts trying to figure out what is wrong with my car. I am afraid that if I order an axle on the internet, that will not be the problem. Everyone tells me the "clicking" noise is the axle. When I search online, I shows things like cv joints, cv axle, axle assembly. I am clueless as to what the Evo has. I need to get it fixed asap, but I'd hate to take it to a random mechanic who knows nothing about Evo's. Can anyone please help me some suggestions on what may be wrong? It's only when I turn left, I hear the "clicking" or "knocking". I'd appreciate any advice at this point. I live in South Jersey, by Mount Laurel if anyone has any suggestions. Thanks!
Old Feb 24, 2009, 06:56 PM
Evolved Member

do u have stock struts or aftermarket coilovers?
Old Feb 24, 2009, 07:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mifesto
do u have stock struts or aftermarket coilovers?
Good question. I installed coilovers and mine was clickin/knocking when turning sharp slowly. I had to tighten my lock nut on top of the front ones.
Old Feb 24, 2009, 07:02 PM
Evolved Member

i had a knocking noise from front left of car it was my ballast touching against my aftermarket uicp.
Old Feb 25, 2009, 10:48 AM

I don't have any suspension work done. I upgraded my clutch recently since it needed to be replaced and that is about it. I guess it can be a variety of things so before I make assumptions, I guess I need to take it somewhere to get looked at. thanks everyone!

Luis
Old Feb 25, 2009, 10:53 AM
Evolved Member

if i was in your shoes, i'd remove one of the front struts and turn the top hat. see if it can turn smoothly, else you need to replace/service it.