Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Whiteline vs. Energy suspension bushings - thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2009, 05:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whiteline vs. Energy suspension bushings - thoughts?

Any thoughts on the Energy suspension polyurethane bushings versus the Whiteline bushings? Seems like a lot of track guys are running the Whiteline bushings. Looks like the Energy bushings are a little bit more reasonably priced, so the question is: How do they compare to the whiteline bushings?

l8r)
Old Jun 7, 2009, 03:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
i doubt any one has had both installed.

however - i have the ES master kit done. And dayum. I would do it again in a heart beat.
Old Jun 7, 2009, 04:37 PM
Evolved Member

How long have you had the ES master kit installed? Any squeaking, helpful hints, etc?

l8r)
Old Jun 7, 2009, 05:11 PM
Evolved Member

lol well ive had it done for 2 days. then I parked it. and now im on a military contract 3000 miles from home.

Basicly - get the graphite impreg'd ones(black) over the plain ones and you should minimize noises.

All i know is - it was hell to get them all in and done - but omg -- its a new car. If you have the chance at a meet to ride in one with out them done, and then another with them done.. you will see.
Old Jun 7, 2009, 06:10 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Get the black ES set for a car that sees any daily duty. They are FAR more quiet than the Whiteline. HOWEVER, I believe the Whiteline have a higher durometer, so they should be more solid for a track car if that's what you need. Just that the few cars I've heard with them sound like a Sherman tank after a few thousand miles. Just don't use the big fat donut bushing in the ES kit for the trailing end of the front arm.
Old Jun 7, 2009, 06:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
How much is labor typically to install the ES master bushing kit?

I had this kit installed on my old 95 Integra GSR and I loved it as well.
Old Jun 7, 2009, 07:25 PM
Evolved Member

same caca.
Old Jun 7, 2009, 10:31 PM
Evolved Member

I did full kit without the big bushing. And it took me about 8 hours. I have installed 5 kits before.

Still havent decided on that front bushing yet. Maybe next.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 07:08 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Zeus
Get the black ES set for a car that sees any daily duty. They are FAR more quiet than the Whiteline. HOWEVER, I believe the Whiteline have a higher durometer, so they should be more solid for a track car if that's what you need. Just that the few cars I've heard with them sound like a Sherman tank after a few thousand miles. Just don't use the big fat donut bushing in the ES kit for the trailing end of the front arm.
Could you define 'solid'? I'm guessing that you're referring to the Whiteline bushings being harder, and therefore having less flex/deformation for track use?

l8r)
Old Jun 8, 2009, 05:18 PM
Evolved Member

how much more solid can you get past the ES ones - to the point of being annoying transferring.
Old Jun 9, 2009, 04:44 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by Ludikraut
Could you define 'solid'? I'm guessing that you're referring to the Whiteline bushings being harder, and therefore having less flex/deformation for track use?

l8r)
That was recollection... I seem to recall (but could be wrong) that the durometer is higher on the Whitelines. Which would mean that in theory there would be less compliance. Fact of the matter is, I can't see anyone NEEDING more than the ES kit. So you got the gist of what I meant. I would not do the Whitelines myself. The examples I've seen were noisy as hell after the initial lube pushed out of the bushing miles later.

Last edited by Zeus; Jul 14, 2009 at 11:05 PM.
Old Jun 9, 2009, 07:25 AM
Evolved Member

Thank you, sir. Looks like I'll be going with the ES kit then.

l8r)
Old Jul 10, 2009, 07:07 PM

Whiteline Plus poly bush compliance

G'day everyone,

Hope you don't mind us popping in late but we've just been told about this thread.

We can't really comment on other brands but I can tell you that we have quite a different approach that doesn’t necessarily suit everyone. The Whiteline range is deliberately designed to be as soft as possible using the inherent benefits of polyurethane in engineering grades to overcome some of the short comings of rubber.

I would think that if anything, our product would probably be softer than most and that's pretty consistent with the industry as a whole in Aussie as we've successfully been using poly as a direct replacement for rubber for many years. The Whiteline Plus range was developed as an extension of that with "progression" being pretty important in the design. For those interested in you can take a look at http://www.whiteline.com.au/Plus/product.htm for more details.

As far as performance/street hybrid applications go, we'd be very happy to recommend our product but those looking for hard-core, next-to-no-compliance solutions might be disappointed.

Hope that helps and let us know if you'd like any tech data.

Cheers

Whiteline Jim
www.whiteline.com.au
Old Jul 13, 2009, 10:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Whiteline
G'day everyone,

Hope you don't mind us popping in late but we've just been told about this thread.

We can't really comment on other brands but I can tell you that we have quite a different approach that doesn’t necessarily suit everyone. The Whiteline range is deliberately designed to be as soft as possible using the inherent benefits of polyurethane in engineering grades to overcome some of the short comings of rubber.

I would think that if anything, our product would probably be softer than most and that's pretty consistent with the industry as a whole in Aussie as we've successfully been using poly as a direct replacement for rubber for many years. The Whiteline Plus range was developed as an extension of that with "progression" being pretty important in the design. For those interested in you can take a look at http://www.whiteline.com.au/Plus/product.htm for more details.

As far as performance/street hybrid applications go, we'd be very happy to recommend our product but those looking for hard-core, next-to-no-compliance solutions might be disappointed.

Hope that helps and let us know if you'd like any tech data.

Cheers

Whiteline Jim
www.whiteline.com.au

so I have been checking out your product line. It seems that you offer two lines, Flat out and Whiteline Plus, is that correct?

Last edited by TommiM; Jul 13, 2009 at 10:07 PM.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 10:28 PM
Evolved Member

Do any of them offer the continuous lubrication property's that graphite impregnated ES ones would have?

Quick Reply: Whiteline vs. Energy suspension bushings - thoughts?