Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Castrol SRF, Where to buy??? n e body?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2010, 08:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Castrol SRF, Where to buy??? n e body?

like the title says, i looking for Castrol SRF brake fluid, i know im going to pay at least $70 a bottle for it but i was wondering if anybody has any recommendations of where to buy it from or anywhere i might be able to save a few bucks? any suggestion are appreciated.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 08:52 PM
Evolved Member

http://www.amsperformance.com/cart/C...-liter%29.html
Old Sep 1, 2010, 03:00 PM
Evolving Member

wow didn't even think to check your site, didn't think you sold it, good to know, thx again
Old Sep 1, 2010, 08:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Liquid gold.. I have ran that stuff before back in the days. It actually has stayed the same price for quite a long time. Its decent stuff, but any reason why you want to use that instead of amsoil dot 4 or motul?
Old Sep 1, 2010, 08:59 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TommiM
Liquid gold.. I have ran that stuff before back in the days. It actually has stayed the same price for quite a long time. Its decent stuff, but any reason why you want to use that instead of amsoil dot 4 or motul?

well one reason would be i mainly track my car at Sebring which is hard on the brakes for a number of reasons and i drive with the Porsche and BMW owners club and most of them recommend it and have nothing but good things to say about it, and i have read a ton of reviews and while all most all DOT 4 and i have run Motul work great at most every track with no problem but i still have problems at Sebring with my brakes still over heating and boiling the brake fluid, and keep in mind this is the ONLY track i have problems with, my rotors glow here and ive had my brakes go out (Pedal to the floor) multiple times here so i figured it would be cheaper for the brake fluid then fixing my car cuz of a brake failure, and yes i heal toe.

I am running DBA slotted rotors in the back, Girodisc 2pce up front braided SS lines, air ducts, and Hawk Blue pads (i heard from some people at redline time attack that Hawk Blues hold alot of heat so i am going to try reybestos hoping they wont retain as much heat) any other suggestions/recommendations are appreciated
Old Sep 2, 2010, 03:30 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i am willing to send you 2 bottles of DOT 4 Series 600 Racing Fluid 304°C (580°F) so you can try out.

check out boom29 here in the forums he has some good reviews on it.

Originally Posted by Ev0_J0e
well one reason would be i mainly track my car at Sebring which is hard on the brakes for a number of reasons and i drive with the Porsche and BMW owners club and most of them recommend it and have nothing but good things to say about it, and i have read a ton of reviews and while all most all DOT 4 and i have run Motul work great at most every track with no problem but i still have problems at Sebring with my brakes still over heating and boiling the brake fluid, and keep in mind this is the ONLY track i have problems with, my rotors glow here and ive had my brakes go out (Pedal to the floor) multiple times here so i figured it would be cheaper for the brake fluid then fixing my car cuz of a brake failure, and yes i heal toe.

I am running DBA slotted rotors in the back, Girodisc 2pce up front braided SS lines, air ducts, and Hawk Blue pads (i heard from some people at redline time attack that Hawk Blues hold alot of heat so i am going to try reybestos hoping they wont retain as much heat) any other suggestions/recommendations are appreciated
Old Sep 2, 2010, 06:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by apagan01
i am willing to send you 2 bottles of DOT 4 Series 600 Racing Fluid 304°C (580°F) so you can try out.

check out boom29 here in the forums he has some good reviews on it.

ill definitely check it out, believe me i don't really want to spend that money i just felt like it was my only option, ill have to try out amsoil, i have hear alot about it know alot of ppl who use it but have never tried it my self, thanks for the heads up