Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Fortune Auto 500 or 510 coilovers

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2017, 06:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Not even on coilovers, still on OEM Bilstein + Swift and my passenger front started clunking over uneven pavement (not necossarily bumps or dips) couple weeks back. Got around to looking, everything looks and feels solid. 56k on the car, daily driven the last 10k. Thinking it's either blown strut or strut mount. Will be taking the strut out this weekend and go from there. Suggestions? Bushings all look good, everything tight, CV boot clean, no grease anywhere, etc.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 07:08 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Originally Posted by cts4g63
Not even on coilovers, still on OEM Bilstein + Swift and my passenger front started clunking over uneven pavement (not necossarily bumps or dips) couple weeks back. Got around to looking, everything looks and feels solid. 56k on the car, daily driven the last 10k. Thinking it's either blown strut or strut mount. Will be taking the strut out this weekend and go from there. Suggestions? Bushings all look good, everything tight, CV boot clean, no grease anywhere, etc.

Sounds like youre doing the right thing. Inspect the front end, looking for any loose or worn components. Make sure you check the sway bar to end link connection

If the struts are shot, might be time to consider coilovers
Old Mar 1, 2017, 08:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cts4g63
They are gone. Your best option now is to get them rebuild/revalve to shops that will do it or get new ones. They clunk every bump.. Mine did that as well, these stock ones only last for so long must've been my bad for not raising the car up while in storage to sit in stands. GL.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 04:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by bouncer07
They are gone. Your best option now is to get them rebuild/revalve to shops that will do it or get new ones. They clunk every bump.. Mine did that as well, these stock ones only last for so long must've been my bad for not raising the car up while in storage to sit in stands. GL.
Excuse to throw in coilovers

I'm taking the strut assembly out this weekend to inspect further. If it truly is shot then I will most likely order a set of FA500s and throw 'em in after winter.
Old May 26, 2017, 05:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Recently bought an EVO9 with F&F coilovers and it rides like a boat in a storm. Way to much bounce and when I attempted to adjust them, one of the knobs fell off (broke actually).

I'm getting ready to order a set of FA500's from Modern Automotive Performance and need help with the rates. The FA tech says 8/8k for a DD but I see others on here running 10k/10k or 10k/12k.

Not thinking of solo uno or autocross but I prefer a tight suspension and being able to "feel" the road. Comfort is important but good control is more important...
Old May 26, 2017, 05:23 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by 7rrivera7
Recently bought an EVO9 with F&F coilovers and it rides like a boat in a storm. Way to much bounce and when I attempted to adjust them, one of the knobs fell off (broke actually).

I'm getting ready to order a set of FA500's from Modern Automotive Performance and need help with the rates. The FA tech says 8/8k for a DD but I see others on here running 10k/10k or 10k/12k.

Not thinking of solo uno or autocross but I prefer a tight suspension and being able to "feel" the road. Comfort is important but good control is more important...
Theres a whole group of us that run the FA's. If youre not going to track the EvO, the lower rates would better (i.e. 8k/10K) If you can get to talk w/Terry at FA, he will assist on specing the right rate for you.
I run the 510's on 10K/12K.
Certainly consider the upper bearing & Swift spring upgrade
The following users liked this post:
7rrivera7 (May 26, 2017)
Old May 26, 2017, 06:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great!

Please explain the upper bearings and Swift spring upgrade...
The following users liked this post:
MinusPrevious (May 26, 2017)
Old May 26, 2017, 06:39 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by 7rrivera7
Great!

Please explain the upper bearings and Swift spring upgrade...
Its a radial bearing that makes the spring rotation super smooth. If you dont mind spending a few dollars more, get it

The standard FA's come w/their regular spring, which is totally fine & works well. If you want a lighter spring w/a more exacting spring rate, made to a higher standard, then get the Swifts

Last edited by MinusPrevious; May 26, 2017 at 07:10 PM.