Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Autozone Rotors

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2011, 10:13 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Autozone Rotors

Anyone use Durlast brake rotors from Autozone? Looking to not spend as much on rotors and was also looking at Rotorpros but I prefer buying parts locally which brought me to look at these Rotors. Anyone use these? Not sure what pads I'd use them with yet but I won't be skimping on pad price though. I don't really do much with the Evo other than go backroading and plan to do track days as soon as my work schedule allows. I'm also not a fast driver so I doubt I'd put as much abuse on them.

These are the rotors in question:

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/par...4_172993_2708_

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/par.../N-jngadZ8knrr
Old Apr 23, 2011, 10:16 AM
Evolving Member

I havn't ran them on the evo, but I did use dura last ones on my ITR, and that car was tracked heavily. Compared to Brembo blanks, they did not last very long but very few rotors do in a high stress environment. If you're just using them to putz around town, they should do just fine.
Old Apr 23, 2011, 10:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
dont know about those.... so curious why not rotorpros i mean $250 for all 4 you cant beat that. plenty of people use them for drag and road racing
Old Apr 23, 2011, 10:39 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sirsol
I havn't ran them on the evo, but I did use dura last ones on my ITR, and that car was tracked heavily. Compared to Brembo blanks, they did not last very long but very few rotors do in a high stress environment. If you're just using them to putz around town, they should do just fine.
Yeah not too sure how they'll be used since I just do backroads for now. Waiting for a few things to change at my job to get time to get to a track day but I highly doubt I'll ever be a fast driver so not sure if I'd put them through too much stress.

Originally Posted by twabtoxer
dont know about those.... so curious why not rotorpros i mean $250 for all 4 you cant beat that. plenty of people use them for drag and road racing
Well I stated above I prefer to buy locally. If I can buy a part from a shop I can walk in to I would try and get that over anything I have to order from across the state or country.
Old Apr 23, 2011, 11:09 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had them a year or so ago, when i was strapped for cash, i used them for about 20k miles and did a lot of canyon runs on them, they worked fine and never warped.
Old Apr 23, 2011, 11:13 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ct9asilver
I had them a year or so ago, when i was strapped for cash, i used them for about 20k miles and did a lot of canyon runs on them, they worked fine and never warped.
Just curious what pads were you using?
Old Apr 23, 2011, 11:15 AM
Evolving Member

I used the autozone gold or platinum pads i forgot which ones.
Old Apr 23, 2011, 11:20 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ct9asilver
I used the autozone gold or platinum pads i forgot which ones.
So like an Autozone pad/rotor combo? I was thinking of trying them with these Stoptech's http://www.speedelement.com/index.ph...=227&Itemid=38
Old Apr 23, 2011, 03:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If its mostly driving around time and commuting, with a few spirited drives then I would say go for it. If you get the duralast golds you also get free lifetime warranty. Take back your pads and rotors when the pads are half worn and you will get free replacement pads and rotors. Cant beat that for a commuter.
Old Apr 23, 2011, 03:43 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TommiM
If its mostly driving around time and commuting, with a few spirited drives then I would say go for it. If you get the duralast golds you also get free lifetime warranty. Take back your pads and rotors when the pads are half worn and you will get free replacement pads and rotors. Cant beat that for a commuter.
Not getting the Duralast pads. I'm not broke but I do prefer to not spend too much money on rotors. Evo isn't daily driven either. I'll probably get Stoptechs for pads unless I see deals on anything else.
Old Apr 24, 2011, 08:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Stoptechs are a great pad. I have those for everyday driving and autox. They were fairly inexpensive, quiet, and seem to last a long time. 2 seasons of autox, 2 years of dd, and one hpde and I still have about 7mm pad left.
Old Apr 24, 2011, 08:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Anonymouse
Not getting the Duralast pads. I'm not broke but I do prefer to not spend too much money on rotors. Evo isn't daily driven either. I'll probably get Stoptechs for pads unless I see deals on anything else.
I am sorry but this doesnt make sense, you say you are not broke but you dont want to spend money on the rotors??? Dude thats your brakes, thats what stops your car so as other mentioned IF you can afford it get better rotors and pads, so they can last longer, not overheat and not squeek either. If you dont like spending money on safety of you and your car then where would you rather spend the money
Old Apr 24, 2011, 09:34 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by erald01
I am sorry but this doesnt make sense, you say you are not broke but you dont want to spend money on the rotors??? Dude thats your brakes, thats what stops your car so as other mentioned IF you can afford it get better rotors and pads, so they can last longer, not overheat and not squeek either. If you dont like spending money on safety of you and your car then where would you rather spend the money
So you're telling me these rotors will not properly stop my car or are you telling me to spend more money? Can you convince me with any facts based on your exeriences with these rotors? I'm not trying to argue but just want to know why you would suggest that I spend more money. Genuinely curious as that's why I posted this thread.

Last edited by Anonymouse; Apr 24, 2011 at 09:36 AM.
Old Apr 24, 2011, 09:44 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by TommiM
Stoptechs are a great pad. I have those for everyday driving and autox. They were fairly inexpensive, quiet, and seem to last a long time. 2 seasons of autox, 2 years of dd, and one hpde and I still have about 7mm pad left.
+1

Best pad I have ever used. Seems to work better the harder you push them (heating up). Not a lot of dust and pretty quiet
Old Apr 24, 2011, 09:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Spend the money buy good rotors, for one most of autozone parts come from china, whats that tell u cheap parts, cheap material, autozone rotors are known for overheating and warping/cracking, have seen it numerous times with customers that brought there vehicles in for service. They dont hold up well to heat, you want good pads and rotors without breakin the bank, look into ebc, hawk, as far as rotors go im runnin centric power slot slotted front rotors and centric oe style rears with hawk hps pads, ss lines motul brake fluid. Especially if you drive hard on your car, now I know autozone lifetime warranty, but lifetime warranty means they know the brake parts are ****, so thats why they expect people to come in regular to change em..haha

Quick Reply: Autozone Rotors