evolutionm.net - Home of the Lancer Evolution
Home Features Community Marketplace Registry Garage Store

Go Back   evolutionm.net > Lancer Evolution 1-9 Forums > Evo Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Evo Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored by The Tire Rack Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.
Sponsored by: Tire Rack

Welcome to EvolutionM.net!
Welcome to EvolutionM.net.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old May 6, 2012, 01:54 AM   #1
Personal Sales Rating: (0)
Garage is empty, add now

Drives: Evo 9 GSR Electric Blue

Evo 9 GSR Stock Bilstein vs Tein Monoflex

Hi all, I have an almost stock E9 GSR, the previous only only changed the suspenion from stock Bilstein to Tein Monoflex.
I've been driving the car for over a year now and the Tein suspension's knocking noise is beginning to kill me. I've found original stock Bilstein suspenion sets. I wonder...what's the handling and ride "comfort" are like between stock and Tein?

Old May 6, 2012, 07:31 AM   #2
Evolved Member
Personal Sales Rating: (1)
2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution

Drives: 2005 EVO MR

Much better on the Bilsteins.

Pair them up with either GTWorx springs or Swift 's Spec-R are the most agressive and stiffest. Gtworx dont drop as far as the Swifts. If ride comfort is what you are after then get the Bilsteins and GTworx springs.

It WILL handle better than the Tein and also ride better.

l8r
2005 Apex Silver MR => Swift Spec-R, Progress 25mm RSB, Perrin Stout mounts, 255-40-17 Z1 Star Specs, Blox front engine mount, ES FSB bushings, WL rear bumpsteer kit and trailing arm bushings, SuperPro eccentric rear lower control arm bushings , front and rear undertrays, Trustz gauge overlays, Autometer EGT, Oil Pr, Boost, Water Tmp, LC-1 w G5, JDM IX DV, custom heat wrapped downpipe, Magnaflow axleback, GM 3 port, selftuned...330wtq 320 whp VD .

Old May 6, 2012, 04:50 PM   #3
Personal Sales Rating: (0)
Garage is empty, add now

Drives: Evo 9 GSR Electric Blue

ahha thanks for your prompt reply, just so happen I've found a set of almost new E9 Blistein with stock springs in the market.
Apart from the two, do I need to acquire or replace anything when I change from Tein to stock Blistein?

Old May 6, 2012, 10:59 PM   #4
Evolved Member
Personal Sales Rating: (27)
2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution

Drives: 05 Evo VIII - 08 Infiniti G35xS

I'd probably get an alignment right after you install those. I know that may seem obvious to most, but tires are expensive and there always seems to be one guy that doesn't know.

Siskiyou Sports Car Club - AutoX || Time Trials || Hill Climbs

Old May 6, 2012, 10:59 PM
EvolutionM
Mitsubishi Lancer

Paid Advertisement

Tags
bilstein, bilsteins, evo, forum, gsr, handle, ix, monoflex, oem, official, springs, stiffest, stock, suspension, swift, tein