Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Need Suspension Help ASAP

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2012, 06:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Suspension Help ASAP

I'm in the process of rebuilding my evo (change of color, new interior, new motor, trans, tcase, etc...) I'm about to get into the suspension end of the work and i want to make sure im ordering the correct items and not buying things i dont need or im not getting enough. My evo has 113k on the car with stock suspension minus some springs. Here is the list of what im about to order please let me know if there is anything i should add to the list or remove and why

Whiteline 26mm Front Sway Bar
Whiteline 22mm Rear Sway Bar
Whiteline Front Sway Bar End Link Adjustable Ball
Whiteline Front Control Arm Bushing Kit
Whiteline Front Control Arm Upper Inner Bushing Kit
Whiteline Bump Steer Correction Kit
Whiteline Differential Mount Bushing Kit
Whiteline Inner Control Arm Bushing Kit
Whiteline Rear Control Arm Bushing Kit Upper Inner
Whiteline Rear Sway Bar Link Kit adjustable ball end links

I'm also thinking about going with Awd Spec D2 Coilovers, would anyone recommend something different. Car will see the road on nice days only and the drag track a few times a year. Car will be sitting around 600whp on pump.

Thanks ahead of time
Old Jul 1, 2012, 06:19 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by OverBoostedEvo
I'm in the process of rebuilding my evo (change of color, new interior, new motor, trans, tcase, etc...) I'm about to get into the suspension end of the work and i want to make sure im ordering the correct items and not buying things i dont need or im not getting enough. My evo has 113k on the car with stock suspension minus some springs. Here is the list of what im about to order please let me know if there is anything i should add to the list or remove and why

Whiteline 26mm Front Sway Bar
Whiteline 22mm Rear Sway Bar
Whiteline Front Sway Bar End Link Adjustable Ball
Whiteline Front Control Arm Bushing Kit
Whiteline Front Control Arm Upper Inner Bushing Kit
Whiteline Bump Steer Correction Kit
Whiteline Differential Mount Bushing Kit
Whiteline Inner Control Arm Bushing Kit
Whiteline Rear Control Arm Bushing Kit Upper Inner
Whiteline Rear Sway Bar Link Kit adjustable ball end links

I'm also thinking about going with Awd Spec D2 Coilovers, would anyone recommend something different. Car will see the road on nice days only and the drag track a few times a year. Car will be sitting around 600whp on pump.

Thanks ahead of time
You don't need any of the above if your plans are to drag race and occasionally drive it on the streets. Now if you plan on tracking the car, then you're on the right path.
Old Jul 1, 2012, 06:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EVILutionVIII
You don't need any of the above if your plans are to drag race and occasionally drive it on the streets. Now if you plan on tracking the car, then you're on the right path.

so do you just recommend replacing everything with all stock components then? I redoing the entire car and want to improve everything i can.
Old Jul 1, 2012, 06:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Your main focus is drag and some street driving. I also dont see you need all that, just upgrade rear sway & coil & some bushing is enough for street imo.
Old Jul 1, 2012, 06:41 PM
Evolving Member

If your suspension isn't worn, then why replace it..... I understand that you're rebuilding your car but if you're not planning on actually racing it, you won't reap the benefits of most of those suspension upgrades, so why do it?
Old Jul 1, 2012, 06:42 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Chef-j
Your main focus is drag and some street driving. I also dont see you need all that, just upgrade rear sway & coil & some bushing is enough for street imo.
which ones do you recommend i get then? I dont mind having the car handle amazing as well... but if its over kill then id rather not spend that money on them. Let me know what i should get then please. I'm not too good with what suspension parts i need and what i dont.
Old Jul 1, 2012, 06:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Everyone has diff opinion tho.

For me, i only have a lowering springs and it does fine on street. I wish have a rear diff bushing tho. If my car is for drag, some coilover and my money go on go fast mods/tires and focus on weight too. Just my two cents.
Old Jul 1, 2012, 06:57 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Chef-j
Everyone has diff opinion tho.

For me, i only have a lowering springs and it does fine on street. I wish have a rear diff bushing tho. If my car is for drag, some coilover and my money go on go fast mods/tires and focus on weight too. Just my two cents.
I have the go fast mods already in my possession. Right now im on the suspension end of the build. I'm not really worry about taking alot of weight out of the car. I'm not shooting for any records. I'm basically just trying to build my perfect evo and have around 600whp so i can at least put down really good time and then drive on the street to have a fun car that looks good. I'm trying to go for all around. I just got done spraying House Of Kolor "Lake Violet" Pearl paint on the car. Im trying to build a awesome evo that has the potential to do anything needed.
Old Jul 1, 2012, 09:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 144 Likes on 128 Posts
What made the Evo such a agile little fun ride right off the showroom floor was the tires it came on. I think the Evo OEM tire is the best street tire ever made - good for possibly 11K.