Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Whiteline sway bar bushings-- squeaky?

Old Sep 28, 2013, 12:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Whiteline sway bar bushings-- squeaky?

Will be putting on a whiteline frt sway bar on an EVO VIII-- how noisy are their poly bushings? I ask as a I hate squeaky bushings and have a set of blk energy suspension bushings as well, sized and ready to go-- they are Blk and a lot less noisy then their std bushings ( red). The ES bushings also seem to be harder btw. Pls advise and thx.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 04:16 AM
Evolving Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
I've got a rear Whiteline swaybar on my car with the supplied yellow bushings. Has been on for maybe 12 months and I haven't heard a single squeek or noise of any form from it. Got a front to put on soon and I will be using the supplied Whiteline bushings on it. Just use the supplied grease, or equivalent, and you will be right.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 04:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thanks Brother, good to know someone else has these kinds of concerns. I opted for the ES bushings I had and if for some reason they dont stand up, I will sub in the WL bushings since the hard part is already done. I just dont like the twisting sound of suspension bushings and so far so good on the other bushings I have done. No need to compromise. Again Thx. BTW, you will like the frt bar actually not as much of a difference as the rear bar until you pushing it at speed--other wise hard to tell-- I dont feel the 38% stiffness over stock at lower speeds in corners. FYI.