Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Will EVO Master Cylinder fit an Eclipse?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2013, 11:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Will EVO Master Cylinder fit an Eclipse?

I recently purchased and upgraded my Eclipse Calipers to Brembos, and it seems to have caused some issues with my Master Cylinder. I am curious to see if an Evolution Master Cylinder will be capable of being hot swapped into my Eclipse. atm i have a very very squishy brake pedal and it takes me putting the pedal to the floor to get my car to stop, i also get this horrid screeching sound on light braking because of inadequate pressure to the pads and rotors.

If the master cylinder from and EVO will fit all of the same connections in a Eclipse please let me know and if possible, post the item number from the cylinder so that i can get my local Mitsubishi service department to order the right parts so that i can get my baby back in top shape. Thank you
Old Oct 17, 2013, 03:52 AM
Silver Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I am going to guess the issue is air bubbles in the lines. Its hard to get trapped air out of the ABS. Keep bleeding them!
Old Oct 17, 2013, 01:55 PM

i have had the brake system bled out completely 2 times by the Mitsubishi Staff in the Service department of my local dealer. no bubbles were present after the second full bleed. Also after the second bleed i have full brake pressure, but after about 3 days the pedal was squishy again and i could hear a hissing sound INSIDE the car near the brake pedal. I have not heard anyone on Club4G that upgraded to brembos having the same issues as I am experiencing.
Old Oct 20, 2013, 10:28 AM

anybody able to just provide the part numbers on you EVO Master Cylinders so i can cross reference them at the dealership?