Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Synthetic PSRS Free and Easy

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2014, 02:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by golgo13
I just put gold foil reflective tape on my intake. +20whp for sure.

Best Ive found was +12hp, where are your sourcing this foil that has an extra 8 hp in it???
Old Nov 22, 2014, 04:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by codgi
This tells me you don't understand what the purpose of the rating is. The purpose of using the correct "weight" is to ensure that you have the optimal viscosity of oil at startup and operating temperature for the environmental conditions that the engine is doing to work in. If you mix two different ratings all that means is that in the wrong environmental conditions some of your oil is either going to be too thick or too thin. Some one is going to come back and say "hey I've done that for years and it didn't hurt anything" well depending on the environment the car is in if the ratings of both oils work great in those conditions of course it won't matter. Put it in an environment where one of those ratings has that oil too thick or thin and it's going to be another story. This isn't mixing differing octanes here.

You don't solve a pickup problem with an oil's rating, you solve it with some kind of sump or baffling around the pickup. This of course also ignores the fact that if this worked how you expected it to work and the "heavier" oil was around the pickup what happens when that heavier oil makes its way to the head or the cams?

You sir should look up the definition of sarcasm in the dictionary. And while you are at it, you should look up satire as well.

Attached Thumbnails Synthetic PSRS Free and Easy-advance-sarcasm.jpg  

Last edited by Tevenor; Nov 22, 2014 at 04:40 PM.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 04:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Tevenor
You sir should look up the definition of sarcasm in the dictionary. And while you are at it, you should look up satire as well.

This is the internets man, you gotta be more obvious.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 04:47 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Tuxevo
This is the internets man, you gotta be more obvious.

I figured the "bake a cake as a valid comparison" think might have been a sure tip off considering the topic. Guess I was wrong.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 09:16 PM
Evolved Member

These types of threads need to be stickied somewhere for the entertainment value.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 10:03 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by TommiM
Best Ive found was +12hp, where are your sourcing this foil that has an extra 8 hp in it???
Team secrets. It's next to the same foil I use to make my hats though.

Old Nov 22, 2014, 10:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Tevenor

you had me going for a second there. pretty sure I was half way through it before I was sure it was satire.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 09:10 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
Originally Posted by codgi
This tells me you don't understand what the purpose of the rating is. The purpose of using the correct "weight" is to ensure that you have the optimal viscosity of oil at startup and operating temperature for the environmental conditions that the engine is doing to work in. If you mix two different ratings all that means is that in the wrong environmental conditions some of your oil is either going to be too thick or too thin. Some one is going to come back and say "hey I've done that for years and it didn't hurt anything" well depending on the environment the car is in if the ratings of both oils work great in those conditions of course it won't matter. Put it in an environment where one of those ratings has that oil too thick or thin and it's going to be another story. This isn't mixing differing octanes here.

You don't solve a pickup problem with an oil's rating, you solve it with some kind of sump or baffling around the pickup. This of course also ignores the fact that if this worked how you expected it to work and the "heavier" oil was around the pickup what happens when that heavier oil makes its way to the head or the cams?

LOL. Got trolled by the guy trolling the troll....
Old Nov 24, 2014, 11:35 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
Attached Images  
Old Nov 24, 2014, 11:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lol