Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Which Springs

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2015, 08:53 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Which Springs

I wanted to start a thread to get some opinions on some of the springs that I am considering. I searched the forum and did not really find the info that best helped me.

First off I need to explain what I plan on using the car for. I do not track the car but I do enjoy the mountain roads in my area, I go about once a month or more through them. I don't drag race it either. I drive my Evo everyday in downtown Atlanta so the roads can be iffy in places. Right now it is stock ride height which is ok but I would like it lower. I am looking for advice on what would be the best option based on how I use the Evo.

The springs that I am considering are H&R Sport Springs, GTWorx, and Swift Sports. The main reason for a spring change is to lower it and give it a better look.

What other parts should I gather before changing the springs? Will I need a roll center kit, camber plates?
Old May 24, 2015, 12:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wc351
I wanted to start a thread to get some opinions on some of the springs that I am considering. I searched the forum and did not really find the info that best helped me.

First off I need to explain what I plan on using the car for. I do not track the car but I do enjoy the mountain roads in my area, I go about once a month or more through them. I don't drag race it either. I drive my Evo everyday in downtown Atlanta so the roads can be iffy in places. Right now it is stock ride height which is ok but I would like it lower. I am looking for advice on what would be the best option based on how I use the Evo.

The springs that I am considering are H&R Sport Springs, GTWorx, and Swift Sports. The main reason for a spring change is to lower it and give it a better look.

What other parts should I gather before changing the springs? Will I need a roll center kit, camber plates?
You can get robispec spec springs off ebay for a good price and people have had good luck with them
Old May 25, 2015, 12:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by wc351

Hi, i drive my 05 MR in atlanta too. Has bilsteins with Swift spec-r springs. A little stiff and definitely lower.

If I was you I would get the GTWorx springs. they lower it about 1/2 inch and up the spring rate to ~300. Wont need top hats or a roll center kit. Car will def handle better.

If you want to do more, get the ES front and rear sway bar bushings and then get the car aligned to zero toe all around, -2 camber front and -1 camber rear.

Milburn
Old May 25, 2015, 07:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
love my gt worx and bilstein mr set up
Old May 25, 2015, 07:56 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 76 Likes on 57 Posts
I loved my GTWorx/Bilstein/Tein camber plates combo but it didn't cut it for auto-x. You don't really need any correction at that height except an alignment.
Old May 29, 2015, 03:36 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the responses. I was leaning towards the GTworx springs but wanted some input about all the options available for what I want to do.
Old May 30, 2015, 09:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I just ordered the RCE springs to go along with a set of MR Bilsteins.