Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

SuperPro DURO3741K Duroball spherical bearing for front control arm anyone?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2017, 04:01 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
bump! So can we confirm that you guys are still using super pro parts problem free??
Old Jan 19, 2017, 06:08 AM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I am still running my duro ball and roll center kit from Super Pro, and recently local EVO X owner asked me to source one set for his, and he is impressed with improved handling precision.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 09:36 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I swapped over from the offset PSRS in October. The install kinda sucks since there are no good alignment marks to ensure you have the eccentric aligned properly / symmetrically, so it's all an eyeball game. This probably lead to my difference in caster from one side to the other. Not big, but annoying.

Overall however, despite increasing the front spring rate from 8->10k at the same time, the NVH is down which is what I was after. Steering is still plenty sharp. Overall I'm 9/10 satisfied though only have maybe 1k miles on them so far.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 09:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Aside from my one documented issue, everything's been fine. Still run it hard with no issues. Never swapped out the other side bushing to the updated version so I still think the failure was due to a poor install procedure.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 04:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 233 Likes on 209 Posts
have had my own on for a while, no issues.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 10:49 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts
Just dropping in to comment that I'm finally having these installed in a spare set of front arms and will soon be making a direct comparison to my current arms that have the Whiteline solid metal rear pivot bushing. Nimpoc switched from Perrin PSRS to Duroball and found reduced NVH with little loss in steering precision and handling. I'm hoping for the same.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 11:01 PM
Evolving Member

I am sure you will like the change, Mychailo.

Already about one and half year since installed.
Recently installed: overhauled MR Bilstein with Robi spec springs + Whiteline lower shock mount bushing at lower arm + Front H&R camber bolts (-2.8 degree now) and my EVO feels better than ever when cornering. Looking forward to visiting local track soon!
Old Apr 5, 2017, 06:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mrfred
Just dropping in to comment that I'm finally having these installed in a spare set of front arms and will soon be making a direct comparison to my current arms that have the Whiteline solid metal rear pivot bushing. Nimpoc switched from Perrin PSRS to Duroball and found reduced NVH with little loss in steering precision and handling. I'm hoping for the same.
i cant remember if I had stock or whiteline in the arms before the superpros, but I noticed zero change in NVH
Old Apr 5, 2017, 11:14 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 223 Likes on 155 Posts
Originally Posted by mrfred
Regarding the WL solid piece. Did you use the part# for an EvoX since there is none for the 8/9?

PN: KCA400M

Did you have any space between the c-clip and the control arm once you installed them?

Old May 23, 2017, 11:10 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by V.8MR
Regarding the WL solid piece. Did you use the part# for an EvoX since there is none for the 8/9?

PN: KCA400M

Did you have any space between the c-clip and the control arm once you installed them?
Yes, my Whiteline bushings were installed like that.
The following users liked this post:
V.8MR (May 24, 2017)
Old May 24, 2017, 07:46 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
I can also confirm that is how the WL Evo X part fits the CT9a. Have installed them in 3 cars without an issue.
Old May 24, 2017, 08:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone
I can also confirm that is how the WL Evo X part fits the CT9a. Have installed them in 3 cars without an issue.
WL evo X part fits the 8/9? What's the diff?
Old May 24, 2017, 09:15 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
Originally Posted by kyoo
WL evo X part fits the 8/9? What's the diff?

Only the KCA400m (anti-lift/caster bushing) for the rear busing of the front control arm. Along difference is the CT9a control arm isn't as thick as the CZ4a, so you get that gap between the c-clip and the arm. But the press fit is pretty tight, and it's knurled, so it's not going anywhere.
Old May 26, 2017, 03:53 PM
EvoM Guru

Well, after having a set of the Duroball bushings in my garage for about 1.5 years, I finally got them installed this week and got some drive time. I bought a second pair of control arms and installed SuperPro front pivot bushings, the Duroball rear bushings, and the Whiteline RCK ball joints (to go along with the rest of my Whiteline RCK ball joints that were already installed on the steering arms).

Prior to installing these arms, I had a set of front control arms with Whiteline front bushings, Whiteline solid metal rear bushings, and the Whiteline RCK. Those arms went in at the same time that I installed Ohlins R&T coilovers with 7 kg/mm springs front and rear. Compared to stock, this setup handled non-squared edged bumps better than my stock MRs, but the ride was pretty brutal on square edged bumps, even after backing out the damping on the R&Ts quite a bit. Cabin noise was definitely increased. Of course the steering precision was great, and the feedback was great. And this setup handled awesome. I really liked the handling, but the ride quality overall was what I envisioned. I knew about the SuperPro Durboball front control arm rear bushing and decided that I wanted to try it, but with the birth of my second child, there wasn't any time to mess with the car. This was actually kind of good because it gave me a lot of time to get a feel for the all-Whiteline setup.

Fast forward to today. Getting the SuperPro equipped arms installed was definitely more challenging than the Whiteline equipped arms for a few reasons. The offset rear bush adds some difficulty, but also the SuperPro bushings fill the entire hangar opening, and really need to be forced into the openings. Anyhow, I got through it, and got the car into the alignment shop this morning. Turns out that the Duroball must have nearly exactly the same offset as the Whiteline because the front alignment did not need to be touched (and was exactly where I had it set with the all-Whiteline setup). After that, I went out hunting for all the known nasty bumps on my usual driving routes, and sure enough, the Duroball arms made for a much better ride over those bumps. From a ride quality perspective, this set up is now exactly what I had envisioned - firm but supple. In addition, cabin noise is reduced a bit as well. In fact ride quality is so much better now that I'm going to experiment with 8 kg/mm springs and increasing the damping a bit.

I haven't had much chance to evaluate handling, but I suspect this setup will be just fine for my needs. With that said, I'll update this post in a few days after I get a chance to push the car a bit in corners.

One other comment I'll make is that this bushing combo along with the Ohlins R&T coilovers this is pretty much a "have your cake and it too" suspension system compared to stock because its a win in all categories - it handles way better than stock, the ride quality is better, and the NVH increase is minimal and perhaps not even noticeable.
The following users liked this post:
GG06MR (Jul 14, 2017)
Old May 27, 2017, 08:00 PM
Evolving Member

Mychailo, great to hear that you like the new setup. I knew you would like it.

Also congratulations on your second child!

Quick Reply: SuperPro DURO3741K Duroball spherical bearing for front control arm anyone?