Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Heavy street and some track use pads: Pagid RS29 Vs CL RC8 Vs Endless CC-RG

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2016, 12:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Heavy street and some track use pads: Pagid RS29 Vs CL RC8 Vs Endless CC-RG

Guys,

got my new Evo IX. New isn't exactly true because it's 10 years old but... OK, this is my third red Evo IX in a row and forth CT9A

I've been using Pagid RS29 since Pagid started using them but it turns out they don't do them anymore and RST1 is damn expensive and isn't in stock here. What's the closest replacement for both front and back, stock Brembos? CL RC8? Endless CC-RG? What else can you recommend?

That's heavy street use and some track as well. I don't drive this car every day so squeaking and short rotor life... I don't care about that

Thanks!

AK
Old Jul 16, 2016, 03:22 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
I haven't used any of those pad, but I like the Racing Brake XT910's that are on my car now.
Old Jul 16, 2016, 04:14 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Running a true track pad on the street is not recommended & will get annoying after a while. Not to mention a waste of money

If youre going to put in an aggressive track day, run the tried & true CarboTech series of pads (i.e. XP12 front / XP10 rears) These pads are loud when cold but have some serious bite / very low fade

Run the simple Stop Tech Street Perf pad on the street & OK to track them as well
Old Jul 27, 2016, 10:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been using Endless MX-RS in a few different cars for street and light track. And I find them very good bite cold and warm, not that dusty, and quiet.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 10:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
RS29 was considered the allround pad for aggressive driving if a bit wooden. Most people who like RS29 don't like Carbotechs 8/10/12.

Pagid has a few new compounds. I haven't tried them: RSL1, RSL2, RSL19 and RSL29

RST1 is much more aggressive than these.

http://www.pagidracing.com/products/...rsl/rsl-1.html

RSL29 is probably closest to RS29 with RSL19 being next. RSL2 is a bit more aggressive and RSL 1 probably much more aggressive.

And it looks that Pagid now offers prebedding, as this could be an issue with previous pads .... not sure if available in the US?

More descriptions here:

http://www.giefferacing.com/reposito...stiglie_UK.pdf

RSL2 sounds interesting to me but Endless MXRS sounds great for allround use with occasional track.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 07:51 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by MinusPrevious
Running a true track pad on the street is not recommended & will get annoying after a while. Not to mention a waste of money

If youre going to put in an aggressive track day, run the tried & true CarboTech series of pads (i.e. XP12 front / XP10 rears) These pads are loud when cold but have some serious bite / very low fade

Run the simple Stop Tech Street Perf pad on the street & OK to track them as well
You need to ride in my car so I can show you why some cars need a more aggressive pad than the stop techs. Those work great for a stock turbo Evo, but I was able to induce brake fade in my car after a about 4-5 miles of twisties near Mulholland the weekend of MOD this year. That's with racing brake XT910's which is their most aggressive pad that gets the street/track rating before going to a full track pad. And they are not very loud/squeaky, and they're low dust. I love them. I was able to slow down for about a mile (GF needed me to anyways, was a bit queasy LOL), and they recovered quickly.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 09:37 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Sean, Used to go to MOD every year but have not gone in the last 2-3 years. If I had known you were rolling & would have gone just to say Hi
Old Jul 28, 2016, 12:59 PM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
got endless cc-rg

breaking is good

sound is crazy ))
Old Jul 28, 2016, 03:41 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone
racing brake XT910's which is their most aggressive pad that gets the street/track rating before going to a full track pad. And they are not very loud/squeaky, and they're low dust. I love them..
Can you elaborate please.

Besides the stoptech's, what other pads have you used?
Old Jul 28, 2016, 05:10 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by Aby@MIL.SPEC
Can you elaborate please.

Besides the stoptech's, what other pads have you used?
OEM, Stoptech, EBC yellow, EBC Red, Racing brake ET800, and now Racing Brake XT910. In that order. I didn't even really like the stoptech's when my car was stock turbo on E85 making 400/400 dynojet. I could fade them in an autocross run.
The following users liked this post:
Aby@MIL.SPEC (Jul 29, 2016)