Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Street Pad Reccomendations Needed

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2017, 07:38 AM
Evolving Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Street Pad Reccomendations Needed

Im looking for a street pad and rotor that offers initial bite and low dust, preferably with little to no cold weather squeak. The brembo calipers on the car are in alright condition but definitely not my highest priority for things that need to be upgraded or switched.

My driving style is most definitely spirited but no where near to track temps or stresses. The car only currently sees some spirited backroad driving in the summer along with drag racing. Not currently planning on brake boosting for roll racing

The rotors on the car have heavily rusted hubs and are getting quite thin. I would prefer to go with something that is bald or would not eat pads quickly.

(I have no clue what pads are currently on the car, i can guess that they are some hawks and they do not impress me because they dust hard, dont bite well, and squeak at low temps)

I would also like to switch to braided lines because of the obvious benefits of not expanding under heat/pressure.

Thanks!
Old Jan 17, 2017, 08:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 88 Posts
I have hawk hps. Low dust,no noise, good bite for dd